Problem Staying Logged In

MFE

Established Member
...still not working on my mac even when I hard type the address.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's been happening to me over the past week 10+ times a day. Sometimes multiple times when trying to post a comment. I've deleted my history and cache and that didn't help. And I always check the Remember Me box.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Bob, are you using a bookmark in your browser or I've even seen people type in svtperformance in the address bar and access the site through google search.

You need to figure out how and where you're breaking the https connection.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I didn't notice a break in the https connection, but I'll watch for that going forward. I don't usually log off the site. I just close my Chrome browser and the tabs are saved for when I re-open Chrome. I think I remember 4-5 days ago I closed the tab and then had to log into the site. When I log off, I do usually
"type in svtperformance in the address bar and access the site through google search". Is that not a recommended method? Should I always use my Bookmark instead?

MFE

Established Member
Have you updated your bookmarks?
I don't even use bookmarks. I can type out the entire address for a forum including https:// and it still forces a login. But only on the mac. On my windows machine at home it's not a problem.

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
I don't even use bookmarks. I can type out the entire address for a forum including https:// and it still forces a login. But only on the mac. On my windows machine at home it's not a problem.

That's strange, are you in private browsing, incognito or blocking cookies?

I'll try to reproduce on my wife's MacBook tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MFE

Established Member
And beyond all that, it logged me out when I left it unattended for a few hours, with the site still up on screen.

MFE

Established Member
Deleted and reinstated the bookmark, still getting logged out of the mac. And the PC for that matter. It's a FPITA but on the upside, at least I can remember the ****ing password.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Having this same annoying issue and took some of the steps to remedy it with no change. Also, I still get the chunkiest flow when trying to scroll on this new site. It is not a internet issue, FIOS and a jacked up new Lenovo laptop. The other 80 tabs I have open work just fine. This new site is a killer man, how is traffic since the update?

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
Deleted and reinstated the bookmark, still getting logged out of the mac. And the PC for that matter. It's a FPITA but on the upside, at least I can remember the ****ing password.

honestly, I'm not sure why you're having issues. I'm not able to reproduce it, and it seems the vast majority of site users are not having it either.

Are you able to predictably reproduce the steps taken that lead you to being logged out? if so, can you detail them, step by step, including URLs? That might uncover an issue.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I am having the same issues as MFE. Can't seem to shake it. Even on my Note 5, which I view the old school way, I get logged out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was fine for about 2 weeks and then a week ago it happened on my MacBook Pro. Haven't had any more issues since then. Seems to be a hit and miss thing, at least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread