Problem getting monitors to set on 2014 with a tune

HPLouis

Established Member
Hi,
I have tunes on both my Mustangs. All switches are on (EGR, cats, O2's etc.) so the tune is emissions legal. On the Cobra, the monitors set after about a tank of gas. That car is fine with the tune.

On the Shelby, I've driven almost 300 miles and the Cats and O2 sensors will not set. I've followed the drive cycle and the EVAP sets (and that's usually the last one to set) but the heated O2, O2 and cats will not set. Now, when I took the tune off last year, they set.

I looked over the tune with the SCT software and I don't see any emissions related components altered.

I know that the PCM for the 2014 is more advanced than the 2004. I can see that in the OBDII app. Is it possible the PCM will not let a car pass emissions with a tune? Is anyone else passing emissions with a tune?

Thanks

decipha

Established Member
No. I've done several hundred of the coyotes and they all have passed emissions. You must have something disabled in your tune. Compare it to stock and make sure none of the thresholds monitors or fault code switches have been altered.

HPLouis

Established Member
No. I've done several hundred of the coyotes and they all have passed emissions. You must have something disabled in your tune. Compare it to stock and make sure none of the thresholds monitors or fault code switches have been altered.
Hi, thank you for responding. The only switches I turned off are the Code P0605 and P0602. The biggest mod is the JLT 127mm Intake and I had to change the MAF xFer function frequency and the Default Period in Mocroseconds to accommodate that.

Users who are viewing this thread