problem found on the dyno

myslowstang

Established Member
I have recently gotten a Cobra and when the opportunity came for me to put it on the dyno I jumped on it. The car is mostly stock. The only upgrade is a 2.8" pulley and a welded in flowmaster muffler only (not a catback), everything else is stock. When I put the Cobra on the dyno this is what it showed

dyno003.png

dyno004.png

The guy running the dyno said that the computer kicked in a "safe mode" where the toque jumped off the chart but I'm not sure why. The car seems to run fine and still pulls hard with no noticeable drop off in power. There is no check engine light and I even hooked it up to a scanner just to insure that there was no code showing. Any idea what is making this happen?

You can see where the computer kicked in a "safe mode" and the car started getting more lean

Last edited:

myslowstang

Established Member
I took the Cobra to the track to compare it to the dyno. I trapped at 118 so the power seems to be there.

myslowstang

Established Member
I originally thought it may be a fuel leak or a bad o2 sensor but I can't find a leak and there are no codes thrown. I can't see it being the MAF getting maxed out with these mods and these low numbers.

myslowstang

Established Member
I think I figured it out. I believe it's the boost bypass solenoid opening. I'll have to disabled it.
Thanks for the help guys! :)

Users who are viewing this thread