Pro Racer's Take: 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
4th place only behind the Porsche GT2 RS, GT3 RS and ‘19 Corvette ZR1.
Plus on a hot 100* day!
After driving a CFTP twice on track today, I’m a believer!
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
FE3495EB-4958-4ABC-B1E3-07A9039A8FAA.jpeg
6F1BD85D-A417-4389-A453-D4C4B46D167A.jpeg
C1C2396D-D4C6-44C0-911D-4374BFF4C3A7.jpeg

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Damn, the red one has the same tire I want to run on the HC Charger Widebody. Must be a crappy tire, those PS4.

Wow, you sure have a large chip on your shoulder.

Careful not to knock it off while you're Hot Rodding around in your Ford Ranger.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It will continue to be Ford's best road course Mustang. What a beast! Ford did it so right with this car. That was a great video to watch.

guzie

Established Member
It will continue to be Ford's best road course Mustang. What a beast! Ford did it so right with this car. That was a great video to watch.

It may be faster because of the HP advantage but the GT350 is so much better experience on track IMO. The sounds alone are far and above the GT500. Nothing like the flat plane GT350 for sound on track. Shifting with that manual gearbox is more driver engaging than just letting the computer do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Imagine what it could do on drag radials?

Imagine what it could do if it were as-delivered factory stock as you always like to point out? Last time I checked, camber plates aren't stock.

I personally don't care, but you seem to really be a stickler for as the car rolls off the assembly line:)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Why would you run drag radials on a road course?
You’re reaching.
-J

He's been cowering in a corner over CV19 fears tightened up in the fetal position.... so whenever we get a few peeps out of him we consider it progress.

Be easy on the flower child will ya?

Careful not to knock it off while you're Hot Rodding around in your Ford Ranger.

1st useful post out of you for a month... i kind of lol'd actually

kaz109

Established Member
Shows just how amazing the GT3RS is......it was the only NA car and still beat the GT500 and hung with it's big brother GT2RS and the ZR1

I like the GT500 but imo it's not a best mustang for driving experience. I'll take a high rev FPC manual any day .

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

You and others said it was a crap tire and I would be leaving performance on the table.
This just in without slicks your times will be slower. As for one tire street and strip I’d choose the ps4.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I remember people here posting that the GT500 CFTP will be faster than an ACR. Turns out they were wrong.

This is my friend Luke's ACR at NCM. Bone stock car, he ran 2:08.

For reference, Randy Pobst drove his old TA, also stock. Randy's fastest lap time was a 2:09:15. Now imagine Randy in the ACR.

That said, the GT500 CFTP is impressive but I wonder how long the tires and brakes will last?

blk02edge

Established Member
I remember people here posting that the GT500 CFTP will be faster than an ACR. Turns out they were wrong.

This is my friend Luke's ACR at NCM. Bone stock car, he ran 2:08.

For reference, Randy Pobst drove his old TA, also stock. Randy's fastest lap time was a 2:09:15. Now imagine Randy in the ACR.

That said, the GT500 CFTP is impressive but I wonder how long the tires and brakes will last?
Pfff. It was also supposed to beat the C7ZR1 AND the GT2!!

Users who are viewing this thread