Pro-M 87mm MAS problem??

icehoc8

Established Member
I wanted to know if anybody with a Pro-M 87mm MAS gain anything from it? I bought one and it gave me idle problems, it bogged and skipped rpms under hard throttle acceleration, and last but not least it made my snake feel slower. Any with similar problems? The only mods to the car are magnaflow muffers and Jet Performance chip. I called Jet and they said that the chip will adjust its self to other mods that affect the fuel/air ratio, injector curve and the mass air curve. Which the MAS does just that. I think Jet is full os s***t because no other chip that i know of adjusts its self. any help would be great. thanks

REDLYNE

Established Member
Jet is full of it!

I have the 87mm MAF and have had ZERO problems. I can also speak for 6 or 7 other people using the WMS CAI with the pro-m 87mm MAF who also have had no problems.

You need to get your chip re-tuned. I assume the MAF was tuned correctly to your 24lb injectors? If so, then it HAS to be the chip....especially since your MAF has given you problems since day one. After putting in my WMS CAI w/ pro-m 87mm MAF, I noticed a DEFINITE improvement in throttle response....as well as gas mileage. Again, throttle response was the biggest difference.

I know several people who have used JMS and Autologic chips....and all of them mentioned their induction mods specifically to JMS, Autologic, etc. before getting their chips burned.

If going on a stock car, the PCM can account for air intake differences due to a change in MAF, TB, induction, etc. However, most chips are finely tuned to the type of intake, outake (exhaust), and gearing you have. These three things (in addition to ignition timing) is where the settings of a chip really help you.

drop-top

Established Member
Make sure the MAS from WMS is the correct one for your car. I just happen to look at mine real close prior to installing and noticed the calibration # had a 96 in it instead of a 99, I called WMS and gave them the serial numbers and sure enough it had been calibrated for a 96 cobra instead of a 99.

icehoc8

Established Member
Here is the update. Just received the meter back from Pro-M w/ my WMS replica (made one myself). Put it on, and this time, suprisingly enought the motherf@#$%r worked. I felt the difference in the throttle response and the bogging, skiping, and all the other crap was fixed. When I bought the meter, from Brother's Performance in CA, they never asked what I wanted it calibrated to. At that time i thought it was for any application, it wouldn't matter, but I was WRONG! LOL!! Anyway so the chip was causing the problem and now that it is fixed, I think Pro-M is a good bang for the buck. LOL!! But before I wanted to go on a killing spree!!. With that all said and done if you are planning to buy a meter, buy Pro-M and do not, I repeat do not buy from BROTHERS PERFORMANCE, they SUCK BIG TIME!!
Later

REDLYNE

Established Member
weird...

drop-top-

That's why I was asking. My sheet has 99COB96 or something like that (don't have it infront of me)....maybe its 96COB99. Either way, it does still have 96 in the number.

Should I call WMS and have it checked based on the serial number? It seems to be working fine....but who knows. No idle, or bogging problems.

It does say 24lb injectors in handwriting on my sheet. The 96's have different injectors don't they?

Users who are viewing this thread