Pro Efi w/ flex fuel sensor

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Just talked to Jason wanted to add some more pricing.

If you want traction control, you need an ABS interpreter or controller of some sort to prevent your abs from being disabled. $199

Nitrous & Oil Pressure sensors are $149 each

I8URLS1

Established Member
Just talked to Jason wanted to add some more pricing.

If you want traction control, you need an ABS interpreter or controller of some sort to prevent your abs from being disabled. $199

Nitrous & Oil Pressure sensors are $149 each

So for a car that doesn't have ABS then you wouldn't be able to use the traction control? I'm considering buying this for my 98 at some point. I am just wondering if the harness will still plug & play with the stock ECU or if I would have to get a different ECU as well. Been looking at the BS3 quite a bit also as it is considerably cheaper, however I was told that it does not have boost control?

ip-alpha

Established Member
So for a car that doesn't have ABS then you wouldn't be able to use the traction control? I'm considering buying this for my 98 at some point. I am just wondering if the harness will still plug & play with the stock ECU or if I would have to get a different ECU as well. Been looking at the BS3 quite a bit also as it is considerably cheaper, however I was told that it does not have boost control?

I wanted to bring this back from the dead. Even if a car doesn't have abs you can do traction control. All you need is wheel speed sensors or a drive shaft sensors. It has built-in launch control (similar to MSD dots). Boost control by time, speed, rpm, etc. FULL flex fuel. Four stages of nitrous control. Lots of other good stuff. Four two steps, four anti lags, staging two step, staging anti lag. I could go on. Great system.

Slo_GTS

Established Member
I'm doing proefi 128 in my car. I'm just waiting for harness from proefi for my 96 Cobra(gonna be a piggy back system so i can use my stock gauge cluster). I'm going to do a driveshaft sensor(since I have c clip eliminator) and use the stock abs for the front. I will do a build tread for my build..gonna be a 3.4l crusher with proefi

ip-alpha

Established Member
I'm doing proefi 128 in my car. I'm just waiting for harness from proefi for my 96 Cobra(gonna be a piggy back system so i can use my stock gauge cluster). I'm going to do a driveshaft sensor(since I have c clip eliminator) and use the stock abs for the front. I will do a build tread for my build..gonna be a 3.4l crusher with proefi

Sounds like a nice build. Send me the link when you post it. Always like to see nice builds. You're out of South Dakota?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I just got finished installing the ProEFI in my '98 turbo Cobra. There was no adapter harness available so I had to figure it all out and make my own, lol. But it's all installed and it runs. It's a nice system.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
The only gauge that the ECU controls is the tach. And that's just one wire. I have retained my stock ECU for now but at some point, I will have a box made to modify the ta'ch signal from the ProEFI to run the factory tach and ditch the stock ECU.

BTW, what are you doing for ignition? COP's?

Last edited:

ip-alpha

Established Member
I just got finished installing the ProEFI in my '98 turbo Cobra. There was no adapter harness available so I had to figure it all out and make my own, lol. But it's all installed and it runs. It's a nice system.

It's a very nice system. Eliminates the need for a lot of third party hardware (MSD, bump box, etc). If you need any help let me know. I have a lot of time with the ProEFI.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Did you get the ProEFI in and running?

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
You having issues?
Just trying to get it to idle correctly. How does your idle? All I'm after is a relatively smooth idle at 800 RPM's that revs normally, comes back to idle without dipping way low, doesn't flair back up after coming back to idle, doesn't die when the fan comes on, doesn't die when going into gear, and doesn't flair up and hunt after taking it out of gear. That's all, lol. Something doesn't seem right here.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
Just trying to get it to idle correctly. How does your idle? All I'm after is a relatively smooth idle at 800 RPM's that revs normally, comes back to idle without dipping way low, doesn't flair back up after coming back to idle, doesn't die when the fan comes on, doesn't die when going into gear, and doesn't flair up and hunt after taking it out of gear. That's all, lol. Something doesn't seem right here.

My Idle is fine, did you try turning the screw on the TB to adjust it?

Slo_GTS

Established Member
Haven't been on here for a while but I did get my car running and driving with the factory ecu and the 99-04 harness. I had to add some wires for the coils but everything works.(just tach and volts gas gauge work on the cluster but I will figure out the rest)

Slo_GTS

Established Member
Traction control is nite and day difference. Just playing with it and I was doing 1.8 60ft..with tc im.doing 1.5 60ft. Still working with the suspension too

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Traction control is nite and day difference. Just playing with it and I was doing 1.8 60ft..with tc im.doing 1.5 60ft. Still working with the suspension too
That's a big difference. That's awesome.

Yeah, your speedo is pretty much independent of the ECU so something else must be going on.

Users who are viewing this thread