Pro Efi w/ flex fuel sensor

Termilvr

Established Member
it is a very sweet setup, acouple supra guys by me have it. For us it is not worth it unless your location doesnt have emissions or it is a race car because you wont pass emmisions with a standalone ecu.

Entrenched

Established Member
it is a very sweet setup, acouple supra guys by me have it. For us it is not worth it unless your location doesnt have emissions or it is a race car because you wont pass emmisions with a standalone ecu.

No emissions in Louisiana. Might be moving to TX soon, I think I read they only do sniffers and visuals in certain areas.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Pro EFI is the bomb, Jason Siebels is a very knowledgeable guy. He has done a lot for the 2jz community.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
No emissions in Louisiana. Might be moving to TX soon, I think I read they only do sniffers and visuals in certain areas.

No sniffers in the dfw area..they just hook the computer up to your obd2 and it does all the tests from there to make sure you don't have anything not ready...pretty much it...if you move to the SE TX area around beaumont, they don' t have emmissions testing so no obd2 check.

STERLING351

The Chuppacabra
Established Member
No sniffers in the dfw area..they just hook the computer up to your obd2 and it does all the tests from there to make sure you don't have anything not ready...pretty much it...if you move to the SE TX area around beaumont, they don' t have emmissions testing so no obd2 check.

Same here in SA and surrounding areas. I just show up to "my guy" slip him a extra $10 and i pass inspection every time!!!! :banana:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
I'm seriously considering this as well, except for different reasons (backup fuel pump, real traction control etc). I assume you want the boost calculations handled for you based on your fuel.

I've talked to ProEFI on the phone and they will help you understand what you need and where to go. You'll have to go to a ProEFI tuner, and you might even need to take the car cross country to do it right.

As far as I know, S&P in IL is the only place that has tuned a ProEFI mod motor car so far. They are a Supra shop, but they know how to work with turbo E85 cars.

Lastly, you're going to have to get a separate harness for the car. And if you want to go big power, they require you to get a different set of coils. LS1 coils are an option. But it gets expensive fast.

Keep me in the loop, please PM me when you get prices on things during your journey, because as I said I'm going down the same path as you. However I have noticed BS3 is starting to cover some of the same bases as ProEFI. So check that out too.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
I'm seriously considering this as well, except for different reasons (backup fuel pump, real traction control etc). I assume you want the boost calculations handled for you based on your fuel.

I've talked to ProEFI on the phone and they will help you understand what you need and where to go. You'll have to go to a ProEFI tuner, and you might even need to take the car cross country to do it right.

As far as I know, S&P in IL is the only place that has tuned a ProEFI mod motor car so far. They are a Supra shop, but they know how to work with turbo E85 cars.

Lastly, you're going to have to get a separate harness for the car. And if you want to go big power, they require you to get a different set of coils. LS1 coils are an option. But it gets expensive fast.

Keep me in the loop, please PM me when you get prices on things during your journey, because as I said I'm going down the same path as you. However I have noticed BS3 is starting to cover some of the same bases as ProEFI. So check that out too.

Just an update I cranked my car for the first time on ProEfi this past weekend. I was amazed it started up and ran the first time. I did however have to make changes to the VE tables to get it to run a little bit leaner. After fixing the VE table It idles perfect with my BIG turbo cams, no sure or anything. Also ProEFI has and adaptive learn feature that only works when the car is in closed loop so it will learn and correct things automatically, its a really neat feature that you dont even have to activate! I will let you guys know more after everything is said and done.

You can modify the harness for COP's to accept LS1 coils, but I am running stock coils and hope to make over 1000+ rwhp with my setup. My car will be getting tuned the week of June 4th. To get the car tuned and setup for everything Iboost etc will probably be close to 750 bucks.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Just an update I cranked my car for the first time on ProEfi this past weekend. I was amazed it started up and ran the first time. I did however have to make changes to the VE tables to get it to run a little bit leaner. After fixing the VE table It idles perfect with my BIG turbo cams, no sure or anything. Also ProEFI has and adaptive learn feature that only works when the car is in closed loop so it will learn and correct things automatically, its a really neat feature that you dont even have to activate! I will let you guys know more after everything is said and done.

You can modify the harness for COP's to accept LS1 coils, but I am running stock coils and hope to make over 1000+ rwhp with my setup. My car will be getting tuned the week of June 4th. To get the car tuned and setup for everything Iboost etc will probably be close to 750 bucks.

Can you break down unit pricing? They like to hide between harnesses sensor costs etc. cool to here its working so good for you!

c_mart_28

Established Member
ProEFI 128 here also with the lysholm/Vortech 3.3 on a stock longblock and e85.

Got it all up and running so far just need to hit the dyno with my tuner, Chris Moore. The car has seen a little over 20 psi on the street.

Had a few little issues here and there but they were mostly self-inflicted.

After harness, sensors and everything, expect to spend about $5k. Thereabouts.

By the time mine is all done I hope to have the full traction control and knock sensing working.

I'm glad to see there's some more folks not afraid to try something new.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
Can you break down unit pricing? They like to hide between harnesses sensor costs etc. cool to here its working so good for you!

ProEFI Pro128 Production ECU Kit 1,696.21
Boost Control Solenoid Kit with Connector 68.74
5 Bar Sensor Kit 121.37
Air Temp Sensor with Connector and Terminals 45.00
Ford Mustang V8 99 to 04 Adapter Harness to Pro128 ECU with Ignitors (Keeps Factory ECU) 1,072.28
150 PSI Sensor Kit 121.37
Flex Fuel Sensor Kit 9015 Flex Fuel Sensor Kit - Contains Sensor, Cable, -6 AN Fittings and Instructions $454.15
ProEFI CAN Cable Kit (CAN Cable and DB9 CAN adapter) 382.69
ProEFI wideband kit (9019 LSU 4.2 O2 Sensor Kit) x 2 134.82
Proefi can guage - 334.00
I-Boost switch - 103.00
Total - 4668.45

Users who are viewing this thread