PRO EFI? Stand alone questions?

03Steve

Established Member
I've dabbled with it. Not an expert at this point. I have versions 2.7 and 3.1 on my EFI laptop.

As with any platform, there are positives and negatives. There is a ton of control with the system for just about anything aftermarket imaginable. Meth, wastegate control, multiple speed sensors, etc. Definitely plusses there. The user interface for logging is downright horrid in comparison to all other standalones that I have worked with, and in comparison to factory PCM logging user interfaces. It does provide a lot of parameters to log though.

I suggest downloading several different standalone software platforms from their respective websites, learn a little bit about each, and see what will best suit both you and your combination.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I have installed the ProEFI and I am tuning it now. Definitely a lot to learn and LOTS of flexibility, safety features, and capabilities. I don't have any issues logging though except one parameter won't log for some reason. Once you learn the ProEFI, it's a very powerful system and is designed for a turbo car. If you're running E85, it's the best way to go IMO.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
If it's going on an '04 Cobra, they have a plug and play type harness. It sandwiches in-between your factory harness and ECU so your factory harness stays in place. You will need to do some additional wireing for any sensors you add (fuel pressure, oil pressure, widebands, i-boost, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread