Pro EFI and Standalone in general ?s

z28misfit

Established Member
Hopefully this is the correct spot for this question. Im thinking about possibly investing into a Pro EFI standalone system once I put my car back together. Looking for anyone that has personal experience with standalone sytems. Im in the process of doing a single turbo setup on my 04 cobra and my goal is 750rwhp at MINIMUM!!! on pump 93 octane. I was just figuring since Im shooting for 750+rwhp on pump gas a standalone kit should do a better job then the factory ECM as far as fuel metering and what not. I already had a bad experience with my last setup and tune that was on the car. I had a Procharger F1a pushing 22lbs and ended up burning a valve and it actually broke apart on cylinder #2. I DO NOT want something like this to happen again, especially since I just bought a 5.0 stroker and kit and plan on having my heads sent out for cnc porting and upgraded valves. Also another thing,,what all does the stock ECM control then? Im here in PA so as far as Emission testing goes, we still have to hook up to the OBD 2 port and it needs to communicate with the Emissions test. Hopefully this isnt too vague of a first post for you guys. Thanks for any help..

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Not many people though. The sct tuning for the stock ecu works great. I've made over 1000hp on the stock ecu along with several other guys. Unless you plan on making 1500hp on a drag race only car, save your money. O and find another tuner. The ecu wasn't the reason you burned a valve, it was the tuner that probably set it too lean.

z28misfit

Established Member
Not many people though. The sct tuning for the stock ecu works great. I've made over 1000hp on the stock ecu along with several other guys. Unless you plan on making 1500hp on a drag race only car, save your money. O and find another tuner. The ecu wasn't the reason you burned a valve, it was the tuner that probably set it too lean.

yeah Im definitely going to find another tuner because first off the car made WAYYYY less power than what it should have made for an F1a on 22lbs of boost. The car didn't even hit 620 rwhp and I have a full division x 1000hp return kit fuel system on the car along with 75lb RC injectors. Its not like I starved the car of fuel.

svtshadow

Banned
yeah Im definitely going to find another tuner because first off the car made WAYYYY less power than what it should have made for an F1a on 22lbs of boost. The car didn't even hit 620 rwhp and I have a full division x 1000hp return kit fuel system on the car along with 75lb RC injectors. Its not like I starved the car of fuel.

If you liking learning stuff and have confidence in yourself and dont want somebody else blowing up your motor, try this.....

LaSota Racing Tuning Manuals

Very good guy and he will support you all the way.

Users who are viewing this thread