Pro-Dyno to the Rescue | Broken 2014 5.0 F-150

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pro-Dyno to the Rescue | Broken 2014 5.0 F-150

F-150_9.75_Axle_Rebuild_019.jpg

Loyalty is important. Be it from man or machine, it’s good to know that when your back is to the wall that there’s someone/thing you can turn to. That’s why I encourage everyone to support your local performance shops, dealerships, restaurants/bars, etc. One of the establishments I have been a long time customer of is Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC. I know when I have an issue Paul and the crew there will have my back, and that’s exactly what went down a few months back.

My father has a 2014 Coyote F-150 he bought new and on which he has subsequently racked up over 176,000 miles. Recently, the 9.75 rear end started to make some noise, and I knew exactly what it was. For some reason, that era of Ford trucks had an issue with failing pinion seals letting in a little moisture which pits the rollers in the front pinion bearing. When this happens it’s often more of an annoyance than an urgent matter. However, Dad likes piling the miles on this rig so I figured I should get it fixed for him. That’s when I turned to Pro-Dyno.

Paul, Pro-Dyno’s lead mechanic, doesn’t often take in work like this. They tend to focus on performance builds, which is their bread & butter. However, Paul knows we take care of our stuff (so he’s not working on some random clapped-out POS) and I’m a loyal customer. So he told me to bring it in. While he was working I snapped way too many pics, but if you ever wanted to see the process of rebuilding 9.75 rear this is it. (Note the fresh sealant on the cover, someone else had already been in there doing diagnostic work.)

I bought every bearing and seal in order to do a full rebuild. No need to cheap out on something with such high mileage, better to go back with all new parts. After all was said and done, Paul knocked it out of the park. The truck has been perfect in the many thousands of miles since the rebuild. Service like that is why I keep going back to Pro-Dyno, it simply doesn’t get any better.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nice detailed pics! My 12 has 125k on it now. The Coyote let go at 120k, rear end is still kicking however I did already change the pinion seal around 90k lol

Users who are viewing this thread