Pro-Dyno Shop Tour | Where Horsepower is Made in The Carolinas

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pro-Dyno Shop Tour | Where Horsepower is Made in The Carolinas

ProDyno_Shop_Tour_002.jpg

If you guys have spent any time at all on SVTP over the years, you know that Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC is one of the few shops I recommend for high-performance Ford work on a regular basis. We’ve been using Pro-Dyno for installs and tuning on projects for years, and for good reason. They do excellent work at a fair price. Not only that, but Dan and Paul know how to make a customer feel welcome and make them a part of the building experience. Customer service goes a long way in my book, and I’ve never left Pro-Dyno feeling disappointed.

ProDyno_Shop_Tour_011.jpg

This is where Dyno Dan does most of his tuning work. I've had more stuff on these rollers than I can remember.

It just so happened that a few weeks back I was near the SC/NC boarder, so I decided to drop by Pro-Dyno for a little visit. What I saw was exactly what I’ve come to expect from this shop. Dan was busy on the dyno with a Procharger equipped Shelby GT350 Mustang, and Paul was putting together a Whipple’s Coyote-Swapped SN-95 in the shop. That’s not even mentioning the other projects that the other techs were cranking away on. A custom stretched F-100 on an SVT F-150 Lightning frame comes to mind.

ProDyno_Shop_Tour_012.jpg

And this is Paul's domain. They turn out some impressive builds from this shop.

So while we were in their neck of the woods we decided to break out the camera equipment out and give you guys a behind-the-scenes look at one of the busiest Ford shops around. If you’re thinking about bringing your car to Pro-Dyno for a little work I suggest you call ahead, because they are certainly busy. Until then, check out our brief tour below:

ProDyno_Shop_Tour_001.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_003.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_004.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_005.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_006.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_008.jpg
ProDyno_Shop_Tour_007.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can see by the video why they're so highly rated. Thanks for posting the video, Sid.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish the quality of shops like this weren’t few and far between but that’s the reality. And when you find a winner like this you definitely stick with them!
Great showcase!
-J

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish the quality of shops like this weren’t few and far between but that’s the reality. And when you find a winner like this you definitely stick with them!
Great showcase!
-J

agree.
Lots of decent tuners, but their supporting cast of characters within the shop and failed attempts to employ a vocational like training program of high schoolers to do the wrenching tasks, makes it easy for Pro Dyno to stand above competitors in the local area.

crjackson

Established Member
Finally watched the video. You must have chased everyone out with the camera. I’ve never seen the shop so devoid of people.

It’s not unusual to walk in the entrance, and find the counter area with no one there. T.J. disappears to God-Knows-Where.

Paul is ALWAYS in the shop, and I must say, he’s extroidinarly talented & fast. Paul is incredibly humble & helpful.

Dan is always on the Dynojet and tuning something.

Pro-Dyno is no joke. If you want to make horsepower, and need some help. This is the ONLY place I take my Mustangs, but as mentioned. 9 out of 10 times, you’ll have to wait for an opening.

I’m planning on going there next week as a mater of fact. I live less that 20 miles from the shop, So it’s no big deal to run over there whenever the mood hits.

Thanks for the vid SID

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you for that vid Sid. I have only been to one shop up that way and it was Fast Lane Motorsports, but that was years ago. It is good to know that there are people out there that love their jobs and the line to get in will always show it.

Steven Hatfield

I have been taking my cars to PD for a long time. They are all great guys, and Dan really knows how to tune a stang!

They are remodeling their shop now to add a couple more lifts so that they can handle more customers.. they are ALWAYS busy.

Users who are viewing this thread