Pro Chamber Front Drivers-side 02 Attachment

jaan2483

Established Member
Yesterday I removed my stock mid pipe and replaced it with an OR Pro Chamber. Combined with the M58 catback, I love the sound. Not obnoxiously loud, but is definitely louder than stock; good and throaty. Just what I was looking for. One thing I ran in to was when I was re-attaching the front drivers-side 02 sensor, it was too short. The two ends reached but I was only able to get the sensor about half way in. The female end of the sensor (the one not coming from the downpipe) was mounted on a white piece of plastic which, in turn, was mounted to either the bell housing or something else under the car. Either way, I was able to pry the sensor end and the white mounting clip free from what it was mounted to and it gave me the length I needed to get the two ends attached. There is a little bit of slack so I'm not worried about any damage to the chords, I was just surprised it was something I ran into since I had never read anything about it before. Has anyone else run into the same issue?

Hogwild870

Established Member
If it's on an 04 I believe the specs on it say the o2 extensions are needed. Are you lowered? I'm thinking of going with the prochamber for my borla stingers .I have bassani x now and just worry about ground clearance issues vs the x pipe I have right now. I'm lowered.

jaan2483

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the need for O2 extensions was just with respect to the rear sensors because the front passenger side was perfect. You should be good with respect to ground clearance. I am lowered as well and haven't had any scraping issues since putting in the PC.

jaan2483

Established Member
I love it. Not obnoxiously loud but I didn't want that anyway. When I took my car to the tint shop I go to, the manager came out and said it sounds like a "beast". Best comment I've gotten. You have stingers so you'll be louder than mine with the chambered M58 mufflers but I'm sure you'll like it.

Users who are viewing this thread