pro 5.0 or steeda shifter

yelo03infl

Established Member
just curious what the differences are from someone who has one or the other in their cobra. im getting myself one here shortly and i dont know why to get one over the other, they both seem to be of comparable quality and performance.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Get the one from Amazon racing! They use the same company that makes the Tri-ax (because we all know Steeda doesn't actually make anything) and it's on sale for $148. I would however suggest a longer shifter handle, the one that comes with is a little short. Installed mine today and it rocks. Also I would recomend the Magnaflow exhuast... it' bad a#$.

Jess

silvercoffin

Established Member
pro 5.0

I had steeda on my GT and its not fair to compare cause that was an entirely different trans, but I think the pro 5.0 in my 03 is great. Its not loud like the steeda was in my GT and it shifts great. The handle is too short for daily driving but great for the track...thats really just because of how ford designed the car though i guess.

Rwick7

Established Member
I've had a tri-ax and a Pro 5.0 and they are almost identical in my opinion. The Pro 50 feels a little sturdier, possilbey because of the thicker handle. If you order a 50 ask for it with the longer handle, the stock one is TOOO short. Good Luck.

I got mine from

http://www.nelsonsperformance.com

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Any noticeable noise difference between the Pro 5.0 and Steeda, StlBlack?

Hows 3rd gear on the 5.0?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I would go with the MGW Shift Handle w/ the two small rubber bushings first. If you want a surer shift, remove the bushings altogether. If you are still not satisfied, replace your shifter. I did not notice *that much* of a difference between the MGW vs. MGW + PRO-5.0.

> How's 3rd gear on the 5.0?

2nd-to-3rd seems a bit more effortless with the Tri-Ax.

Rwick7

Established Member
I think 2-3 feels about the same. But, I haven't really driven the Cobra as hard as I did my GT....YET. :)

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by 2L8IWON
Get the one from Amazon racing! They use the same company that makes the Tri-ax (because we all know Steeda doesn't actually make anything) and it's on sale for $148. I would however suggest a longer shifter handle, the one that comes with is a little short. Installed mine today and it rocks. Also I would recomend the Magnaflow exhuast... it' bad a#$.

Jess

WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU WHEN I DROPPED 178 ON MY TRI AX?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
I would go with the MGW Shift Handle w/ the two small rubber bushings first. If you want a surer shift, remove the bushings altogether. If you are still not satisfied, replace your shifter. I did not notice *that much* of a difference between the MGW vs. MGW + PRO-5.0.

> How's 3rd gear on the 5.0?

2nd-to-3rd seems a bit more effortless with the Tri-Ax.

Another aspect of getting a new shifter, though, is the ability to set the bolts on them so you don't bend your forks after banging the gears for awhile. Yes, I think a handle swap could help shifting, but there's more than one benifit from changing shifters.

03DarkShadow

Established Member
Ive never tried the Pro 5.0 but i just installed the tri-ax and i am using the MGW handle and all the shifts are much easier and precise. I would say Tri-Ax then.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I just ordered and waiting on delivery of my Pro 5.0 shifter and I ordered MGW T shifter handle with the Cobra name installed.

A few other local 03's with the Pro 5 have said they don't downshifting from 6 to 4. Anyone else say if they don't downshifting with their Pro 5.0?

Users who are viewing this thread