Printing issue

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Cant seem to find any help on this one via google-fu.

Printer is HP P1102w on Win7.

Itll print a page or two and stop (multi-page document). And as usual, you try to clear out from the print spooler and it wont cancel, so you have to hit the button on the printer 20 times for it to clear out. Sometimes that wont even do it, so I will have to go into win explorer and delete it from the print spooler under windows.

So far I have done the following:
- Uninstalled and re-installed printer drivers (running USB mode only - not even going to mess with wireless connection yet)
- Reset print spooler in admin tools/services
- reset computer
- reset printer (unplugged power/plugged back in)

no matter what I do, itll still print 1-2 pages then quit, still show the job spooling, but no bueno.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. I have an I-Mac and a Canon inkjet printer.

Went through all the steps you did.

Solution.

Thew printer away and got another:shrug: But I did try it at a friend's house with his computer and it did the same damn things.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
hrm, we have a few other 1102's here in the office, might try to swap and see if its just the printer in question (or the entire model lineup).

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Did you go into add and remove programs and get rid of it there? I just had the same problem with my Kodak after upgrading to Win 8.1. I could print test pages to it. The computer saw it, but when I went to print pics and stuff it said it wasn't there even though it said so in the printers and devices. I went to add remove programs and there was an instance of the Kodak software and drivers. Removed, rebooted and reinstalled and all is great now. Hope this helps, because I had done all the other things you had mentioned without any luck.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Have you changed from the spooler to direct print in the advanced settings? Restart after making the setting change.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Have you changed from the spooler to direct print in the advanced settings? Restart after making the setting change.

tried that as well. tried messing with a bunch of the settings. restarted after each change.

Ive spent the better half of today ****ing with this, as well as a few days earlier last week off and on.

We have a second printer here in our estimating office that my computer had no issue printing to but its a slower inkjet that eats ink so I dont like sending 75-100pg documents to it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. I have an I-Mac and a Canon inkjet printer.

Went through all the steps you did.

Solution.

Thew printer away and got another:shrug: But I did try it at a friend's house with his computer and it did the same damn things.

Wow. I had the same problem last year with an HP laser printer. I tried everything to no avail. I even went so far as to delete and re-install the driver and printer software. I finally tossed the printer and replaced it with another HP laser (new model). No more problem.

oldmodman

Established Member
Anyone else think that the bastards put a "screw up" timer in the damn things?

Otherwise, why the hell would anyone ever buy a new printer?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Anyone else think that the bastards put a "screw up" timer in the damn things?

Otherwise, why the hell would anyone ever buy a new printer?

We did have an old ink jet type at work a few years ago. Darn cable split in 2 about 1 1/2 years into use. Cost more to replace cable than to buy a whole new printer. So a new printer was ordered. Some of the printers out there just wear out way to fast.

Users who are viewing this thread