Pride FC in trouble?

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
On June 5, 2006, Fuji Network announced that they were terminating their television contract with PRIDE Fighting Championships effective immediately due to a breach of contract by DSE. [2]. This leaves PRIDE without a television outlet in Japan, and the lack of the substantial revenues from the deal threatens its sustainability. DSE has been surrounded by speculation in the Japanese media, especially in Japanese newsmagazine Shukan Gendai, that it may be a front by a notorious yakuza group.

Was reading the (UFC)Google Newsgroup and they said that Pride was in serious trouble. Apparently there is a huge scandal with them ripping off SkyTV or something like that? It's on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRIDE

but cannot find anyone else to confirm this? Is this true. With the next Pay Per View possible the most anticipated card in History what is going to happen? Or is this even true?

01kotaRT

Established Member
thats crazy, i had heard rumors of scandals but this is nuts. maybe if they go under, some of the fighters will end up in an american organization.

rust0r

Established Member
where the hell has pride been? ive not seen a paper view ad or anything in like 6+ months for it? is this connected? anyone ?

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
have any of you guys checked out the WFA? www.wfa.tv, seems as though theyre scooping up guys from pride and ufc. matches are here in the US. today is the first i've heard of them (while browsing the PRIDE site). theyve already taken quiton jackson, hes fighting matt "the law" linland at their first ppv. they have KIMO vs Bas Rutten aka"el guapo" prides commentator. i've heard Bas Rutten was a great fighter, i guess now i get to see. bas rutten:He would go on to win the King of Pancrase title on three different occasions, later beating Kevin Randleman for the UFC heavyweight championship. As incredible is it would seem, Bas never actually lost any of the MMA championships he's held, making him one of the few fighters, if not the only, to go undefeated as a champion. Moreover, Bas went undefeated in the last 22 matches of his career - fighting an average of every other month over a span of four years against high-caliber opponents like Suzuki, Randleman, Frank Shamrock, Masakatsu Funaki, and Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.

back on topic, this may have something to do with pride starting to fall also. from what i gather, theyre outbidding everyone for their big name fighters. has anyone else been or been keeping up with this WFA?

Last edited:

2slow50

Banned
That would be sweet if they go under and get all of the top fighters to all be in one organization with greater rewards and more fights per event. Dont mean to sound like an a hole but alot of the fights that would never happen could possibly happen if Pride crumples.. :idea:

rust0r

Established Member
2slow50 said:
That would be sweet if they go under and get all of the top fighters to all be in one organization with greater rewards and more fights per event. Dont mean to sound like an a hole but alot of the fights that would never happen could possibly happen if Pride crumples.. :idea:

i think with everything in the world, only have 1 company incharge of something is a terrible idea, alot of times it gives them free reign on what they can do, they dont have to keep quality up because no one else can supply the specific service they are, monopolies suck!

2slow50

Banned
rust0r said:
i think with everything in the world, only have 1 company incharge of something is a terrible idea, alot of times it gives them free reign on what they can do, they dont have to keep quality up because no one else can supply the specific service they are, monopolies suck!
Yeah I guess so it was a good thought for like a second ... :shrug:

rust0r

Established Member
2slow50 said:
Yeah I guess so it was a good thought for like a second ... :shrug:

haha, but i can see where you're coming from, theres alot of fights ide like to see that were impossible before cause UFC and Pride were split, but i really enjoy pride, more so than UFC, sucks to see it in shambles

Users who are viewing this thread