Prices these days?

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
What's the market like for 1st gen Lightnings these days? If I did get one I'd probably daily it so not a mint, low mileage truck, but what are prices like on decent, higher mileage trucks?

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

muscleatsrice

Established Member

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
I checked Hagerty sales observations for the last year and they were noting fair condition one's going for $10,100 and good condition one's going for $24,400. A fair condition one went for $9,900 through auction rated at a fair minus, but average at auction seemed to be around $27,500 to $33,620. Hagerty stated that fair condition ones increased by 53% while good condition ones shot up by 80.7%.

I hope this helps.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I checked Hagerty sales observations for the last year and they were noting fair condition one's going for $10,100 and good condition one's going for $24,400. A fair condition one went for $9,900 through auction rated at a fair minus, but average at auction seemed to be around $27,500 to $33,620. Hagerty stated that fair condition ones increased by 53% while good condition ones shot up by 80.7%.

I hope this helps.
Great info. Appreciate it!

tistan

Established Member
I've been dailying a '96 F-250 for over 2 years. I don't mind it but it is a bit bigger than a Lightning.

The difference is the bench seat in your 96 doesn't hit the back glass before you run out of track. The lightnings bucket seat gives much less leg room that a regular f150 or 250 of that era.

94 Black Lightn

Established Member
Great info. Appreciate it!

The new issue of Hagerty Drivers Club magazine just arrived at my house (Issue #78 March-April 2023, and it had a two-page article called Highs and Lows. the sub-title was 'Appreciation has cooled after two hot years, per the latest Hagerty Price Guide, but old cars still beat your 401(k).' The best vehicle appreciation was shown to be the 1993-95 Ford F150 SVT Lightning Pickup at 88%. Their statement was as follows:
The most significant gainer for the year was an F150 pickup. Well, not just any F-Series, but the original Lightning. The nicest examples can fetch nearly $60,000. Trucks like this tend to be popular with collectors of all ages, from millennials living out childhood dreams to boomers looking for some comfort and practicality. Don't be surprised if they continue to gain steam.
Looks like Hagerty has our back!

Users who are viewing this thread