Price to install rear tires

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
How much are you guys paying to dismount, remount and balance? 305/35/18 on 18x10

These places around here are saying $50 each! Two years ago i was getting charged $20-30 each

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hotcobra03

Established Member
depends on shop..

I get tire at discount ,than go to another for mount and balance..

I pay 10 per wheel..as carry in..take old tires back..

been going to same place for yrs..small family shop..

but we have tires shops everywhere,
more than you would think..

San Antonio area,

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
When I bought my Nitto 315 G2’s it was included in the price. A lot of places now wanna charge more it seems when you bring them tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
How ironic....I was just doing that this morning....researching my area and driving around checking places out to mount the 2 305/35 R888s I have for my ccw 18x11 rears. I decided this time I would find a place with the new Hunter "Revolution" mounting machine because it supposedly is the safest for soft, bare aluminum rims

I called Hunter corporate and they gave me a location very close to my house, an Autonation/Acura dealer. I stopped by and they told me mounted and balanced for $25 each. I was shocked, I figured they'd quote me more since I was bringing my own tires.

We'll see how it works out....the appointment is Monday

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I️ went to America’s tire and they charged me 25 for each but after they did the mounting and balancing, said it should’ve been 50 since they were three-piece wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I usually do it myself, but I just paid $50 per tire this morning on my new wheels (mt et ss 305/35/18 on 10.5 ccw's), EXCLUDING any dismount which I don't think they would have charged for anyway.

If they are good wheels, wherever you go, make sure they have new and capable equipment. The reason I didn't do them this time is because 1) I use older equipment and don't want to scratch the wheels and 2) the drag radial is a bitch to put on the wheel.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
No matter where you go it should be $20 per wheel plus weights. If someone told me $50 per wheel I’d laugh in their face.

cj428mach

Established Member
I remember 15 yrs ago when I was in high school I could get a tire dismounted patched, remounted and balanced for about $8. Now a lot of places want $25 a piece for mount and balance. I believe it is to discourage online tire purchases.

hotcobra03

Established Member
How ironic....I was just doing that this morning....researching my area and driving around checking places out to mount the 2 305/35 R888s I have for my ccw 18x11 rears. I decided this time I would find a place with the new Hunter "Revolution" mounting machine because it supposedly is the safest for soft, bare aluminum rims

I called Hunter corporate and they gave me a location very close to my house, an Autonation/Acura dealer. I stopped by and they told me mounted and balanced for $25 each. I was shocked, I figured they'd quote me more since I was bringing my own tires.

We'll see how it works out....the appointment is Monday

I had something like this..was at our local dealer..asked about tires..there price was very low..vs some other places..I wasn't expecting that

bigmoose

Established Member
I got a quote today for tires at my local Ford dealer on my daily. The tire prices themselves were good but they wanted $60 each to mount/balance. What a joke.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I guess if you have cheap crappy tires or wheels that you aren't worried about getting scratched up, by all means, $20/tire sounds fair. But in order to correctly mount and balance a drag radial on a nice wheel, you are going to pay more than that as the machines used are considerably nicer. I can mount and balance my own tires on a friends old machine which is a nice piece, but it won't do the drag radials.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Wow....that didn't go so well lol. Showed up right for appointment at the acura dealer....shop manager looks at my rims and says no way, he won't do them. Says he can't dismount an 18x11 rim and doesn't want to be responsible. Says mounting is no problem, but the dismount is near impossible. sends me on my way.

So I go to a ford dealer right down the road....get the same answer! Will not even touch them because of "dismount difficulty" and the rims are "too new and pretty...don't want to be responsible for marring". LOL

What the hell? I've had these rims for 8 years and this will be my 5th set of rears. I'm baffled with how big vehicles are these days, with much bigger rims n tires than 15 years ago, all of the aftermarket rim business and owners....and big volume new car dealers with the latest equipment don't want to work with them.

Oh well, I'm going to try a Discount Tire now

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Wow....that didn't go so well lol. Showed up right for appointment at the acura dealer....shop manager looks at my rims and says no way, he won't do them. Says he can't dismount an 18x11 rim and doesn't want to be responsible. Says mounting is no problem, but the dismount is near impossible. sends me on my way.

So I go to a ford dealer right down the road....get the same answer! Will not even touch them because of "dismount difficulty" and the rims are "too new and pretty...don't want to be responsible for marring". LOL

What the hell? I've had these rims for 8 years and this will be my 5th set of rears. I'm baffled with how big vehicles are these days, with much bigger rims n tires than 15 years ago, all of the aftermarket rim business and owners....and big volume new car dealers with the latest equipment don't want to work with them.

Oh well, I'm going to try a Discount Tire now

This is EXACTLY why I'm terrified of ever purchasing super expensive wheels! I have cheap FR500's so no biggie for scratches/scrapes

Still looking for a good shop, but so far $25 ea @ Discount tire has been the lowest yet. Uggh

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Discount tire did a good job on mine. But there 10.5 in. Reps. I’d be scared if I had CCW or TF wheels. My only complaint is I didn’t notice till I got home they put bags over the rims and tires they mounted a directional tire back wards. Had to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ve never had trouble at discount. I just tell them the wheels are 750 each and to be careful.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I’ve never had trouble at discount. I just tell them the wheels are 750 each and to be careful.

I've had a problem "ONE" time at discount. Apparently the guy they had install a rear tire did not realize my Roush wheels are reverse mount. He tried like hell to get it on front mount and managed to do it, but ripped/tore part of the inside lip of the tire. I guess since he seen that it was covered by the rim he thought it was good. I took the car home and the next day tire was flat. I aired it up and took it back.

Another guy removed the tire and seen the damage. Manager came and got me and showed me. I told him the tire was installed by his shop the day before. So, they bought me a new tire.

I got to know the shop manager and he said from now on he would ensure my tires are mounted properly. Never had issues since.

I can't remember what they charged to mount, but it was NOT $50 per tire.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I just ran out of time today, put them back on the car. I'll have to deal with it Thursday or Friday. I'll do some more research, it's not like I'm in a rush, although I did burn some brain cells and gas today screwing with it. Maybe stop by a couple DTs see what they look like and how they react. Only one goodyear store within 25 miles of me...they are a commercial truck only goodyear

I never had this problem before, used a mom n pop owned tire store where I use to live for the other 4 swaps. They did a great job, never screwed the CCWs up....nothing more than minor swirls I polished out easily. But they're 4 hours away now

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
Most I ever paid was $16 each tire. The cheapest I’ve ever paid was $12 for 2 tires.

Users who are viewing this thread