Price of coffee

MG0h3

Established Member
Starting in 2 days I’m gonna work a night shift for a week 1800-0700. Caffeine is definitely a must have. For me it’s right around 0200-0300 hour that always gets me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep. Working a 6P shift right now. Was on foot chasing people in 28* most the night but calmed down around 0100. Got warm and there’s only one thing that’ll save me. Plus I don’t want to nod off driving home.

Woke up at 1000 today after 4hrs sleep because it’s my day off so right back on the sauce lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

josephcostello

Established Member
How the **** do you function lolol

Going going going in automotive for 10+ years

Coffee in the morning
Coke / monster in the afternoon lolol

100% addicted to caffeine but there’s worse things to be addicted to imo, least i ain’t on da heronz ;)
I couldn't at first, had to slowly drink less and less. Then when I stopped all together it sucked. Like I said, one of the hardest things i've done lol.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After living in the Seattle area for years and literally having a coffee shop on every corner, or so it seemed, then moving to Maine almost 5 years ago and the "Go To" places around here are Dunkin Donuts? Talk about drinking swill. Went one time, turned out to be the only time, and asked for a quad venti latte and the person behind the counter had no clue what "quad" meant, let alone "venti" or "latte". Ended up just ordering a drip and then dumped it on the ground outside after taking a sip. Gads...

VegasMichael

Established Member
After living in the Seattle area for years and literally having a coffee shop on every corner, or so it seemed, then moving to Maine almost 5 years ago and the "Go To" places around here are Dunkin Donuts? Talk about drinking swill. Went one time, turned out to be the only time, and asked for a quad venti latte and the person behind the counter had no clue what "quad" meant, let alone "venti" or "latte". Ended up just ordering a drip and then dumped it on the ground outside after taking a sip. Gads...
I've heard it's difficult to find good ethnic restaurants up that way as well. Authentic Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, etc.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
probably 40 of my almost 60 years i've had dunkin donuts from one of their stores every single morning lol. i love their coffee, to me it tastes so much better than all that fancy stuff.

but talk about inflation like the op, just this past year they've raised their price of a cup about 20%, in just one year. **** that so lately i've been trying to cut back

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
probably 40 of my almost 60 years i've had dunkin donuts from one of their stores every single morning lol. i love their coffee, to me it tastes so much better than all that fancy stuff.

but talk about inflation like the op, just this past year they've raised their price of a cup about 20%, in just one year. **** that so lately i've been trying to cut back

One of my neighbors owns a bunch of Dunkin/BRs, so we meet up there to hang out once every week or so. Much better coffee than most chains.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I guess it has to do with what you are used to. Anymore, I only drink coffee from home. I don't get coffee from any store or eating establishment anymore.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hate to spend a lot of money on coffee, but a close friend gave me $50 yesterday to buy any coffee I wanted. My absolute FAVORITE is Peets Red Mocha Haraaz @ $38.24 a half pound. Expensive, but OMG is it good. It has a unique flavor that I love. Only available certain times of the year for maybe a month.

Adower

Established Member
I usually buy the larger bags off whole bean coffee, too. Costco and BJs prices are very decent. Lasts me about three weeks as well. I refuse to buy coffee at a shop. Prices generally are crazy expensive. Especially Duncan and Starbucks. Even the smaller coffee shops charge exorbitant money for a fancified cup of Joe. I buy my own roasted beans and brew two cup every morning. No need for coffee once I leave the house.
I dont drink coffee but thats what we do for my wife. It's like 18$ for a bag of pretty good whole bean coffee at Costco which lasts a month. Buy a cheap coffee grinder for home and you're good to go.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, or I use a Peet's discount code when they send one to me. I'm not a fan of Starbucks. I like most of the Peet's medium blends, as well as the Peet's dark roast Major Dickason's Blend which Costco sells for $19.99 (32 oz. whole bean bag).

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just glad energy drinks haven't shot up in price yet.
Yea, full of chemicals that'll probably backfire on me but it keeps me going.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Coffee in the morning

Monster after lunch fam

I'm back to around 500-700mg over a day.

140-300 am, 240-300 lunchtime, 100 night time(if still working).

Sucks, as I got off it cold turkey in October but with workload/time crunch got back on it.

tistan

Established Member
I blame Starbucks for ruining the coffee market. I used to get my 24 ounce coffee for 99 cents. Then Starbucks started selling their dirt coffee for $2.50. Everyone wanted to look cool with their Starbucks cup. Then every coffee shop and breakfast place decided their coffee should cost about the same.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I have drank black coffee since I was 15 years old. Plenty of it working shift work.

F Starbucks and all their crap drinks.

DD is good, I rarely stop anywhere anymore. Occasionally, Panera Bread, their coffee is okay.

Hard to beat a good cup of drip coffee from a local eatery.

Users who are viewing this thread