Price Check: 2013 Laguna Seca

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
5-7K more than a regular Boss, maybe.....?

It’s a nice looking car for sure

Thanks for the input. When I go to KBB and put in the mileage, in excellent condition, with Recaros, and premium 19" wheels the price is around $32k. If you add $5k to that for it being an LS it seems that's exactly where he has it priced. Wondering if I can steal it for under $35k...

M91196

Established Member
Track Mustangs has a couple in their classifieds you could study.

It looks like it’s priced well with all the extras.

Good luck

KBBoss302

Established Member
Doesn't even appear to have been lowered, no rollcage, nothing to indicate it was a track car. Seems like a great car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Based on the description and photos, that's a hard one to pass up with those miles. The price was reduced to $37K according to the ad, so the seller might knock additional off if he's wanting to sell it soon. The owner has a lot of documentation which indicates he likely took good care of it.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Doesn't even appear to have been lowered, no rollcage, nothing to indicate it was a track car. Seems like a great car.

Based on the description and photos, that's a hard one to pass up with those miles. The price was reduced to $37K according to the ad, so the seller might knock additional off if he's wanting to sell it soon. The owner has a lot of documentation which indicates he likely took good care of it.

My thoughts exactly, guys. Thanks for the input.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
@jpro if your budget was enough for those trinity cars and now you’re looking at a BOSS LS this would be an amazing car if it’s still available....
https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/2013-boss-laguna-seca-whipple-2-9-e85.1147210/

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I like that car, and it's in my city. I assumed it was sold based on the activity in the thread. Plus, at $45k+, if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd buy a trinity. I'm conflicted right now and don't know what to do.

I want a 350; it is the best looking mustang in quite some time and I love the exhaust note. I love everything about it (almost). However, most 2016's don't have the track pack and guys are asking over $50k for a non-track pack car. People are insane. I feel like a 2016 350 with track pack is a $45-$48k car depending on mileage, not $50k+ for a non-track pack car. Plus, the torque under 3500 RPMs is so underwhelming it's kinda disappointing.

I like the trinity cars and they are a dream car of mine. At $45k for a trinity with 11k miles like the one over in the marketplace, I think that is a good value. I'm strongly considering it.

Then there is the LS I posted earlier in my original post. LOVE the car. Gorgeous, well cared for, priced much lower than a 350 or 500 (which, I'm not gonna lie, makes it even more attractive). I'm leaning heavily towards the LS because I know I would be happy with any of the 3, and isn't that what it is all about? So if I'm gonna be happy for $10k-$15k less out of pocket, why not? The car is awesome and I could track it for fun. It is a great car and I think I can get him down on price.

It's a conundrum for sure!

KBBoss302

Established Member
I have a 2013 LS and I can pretty much promise you that you will absolutely love it. Those GT500 axlebacks on it probably sound excellent and a tune will really wake it up (hello 8200rpm rev limit!). Be prepared to put a different clutch in to allow you to bang off high rpm shifts (I've owned 2 Bosses and both suffered from it) but after that, the car will be so much fun you'll laugh every time you drive it.

Good luck!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
If the 500 is one of your dream cars, go get your dream car.

I have never driven one and quite frankly, what would I do with nearly 700 hp? I plan to daily drive this to work (about 20 minutes each way). Once I drove the 350 my focus shifted away from it because of the lack of low end torque. I have driven a coyote and loved it, and I'd imagine that a Boss LS would be fantastic to drive. I"m not so sure about the 500. Great dilemma to have!

I think I might take the plunge on the LS...something about it is calling to me. :)

Last edited:

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I have never driven one and quite frankly, what would I do with nearly 700 hp? I plan to daily drive this to work (about 20 minutes each way). Once I drove the 350 my focus shifted away from it because of the lack of low end torque. I have driven a coyote and loved it, and I'd imagine that a Boss LS would be fantastic to drive. I"m not so sure about the 500. Great dilemma to have!

I think I might take the plunge on the LS...something about it is calling to me. :)
I daily my Boss to work (20 min as well) with 850 and wouldn’t trade it for anything! Whatever you get, make sure it has a sticky tire. Makes it all worth while. Good luck Bud!

BOSS#3065

Established Member
I have a 2012 Boss 302 (non LS) in Race red with all options and 1900 miles, I bought it new and have all documentation. I have lowering springs, gloss black Vossen CV7's wheels, Ford Racing LS guage pack, AED custom tuned, Ram twin disc clutch (installed a month ago), Ford Racing High rpm tone ring, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft ,MGW shifter, 6 piston front calipers from a 2014 GT500, rear GT500 brake upgrades, 3sets of mufflers and all original parts. I even have the original oil filter that was installed from the factory. This car is perfect in every way, NEVER tracked or abused and always in a garage and never in the rain. PM me if you have any intrest. Im sure Ive missed some things...
Thanks, Ron

Mogumbo

Established Member
I don’t know if you bought a car yet - but you HAVE to go and take each for an extended drive.

I don’t know how you would choose the 500, for your purposes, over the 302 after you spend some time in them (I know a thousand people would say the opposite).

I say that because you say you want a driver and you want to be able to track.

The 302 is a practical, yet an adrenaline pumping, smile inducing machine that will make you look forward to driving to work. You can coast along in traffic like it’s a Fusion (except you can immerse yourself in that exhaust note) and you can kill it on open roads, curvy, hilly backroads, then drive it stock to the track and tear up some asphalt like it’s a... well, a Boss.

You can track it against a 350 or 500 and be quicker or at least hold your ground - I think it would come down to the driver.

But you are running with the much higher HP cars because you are in a fine tuned track car built for that purpose and they are not. (Just don’t go anywhere near a 1/4 mile run when they are near).

The 302 also has an incredible exhaust note, and only gets better when your trackey lope kicks in at 170 degrees.

And I think most anyone will say that the 302 is a much better car to track - not because I own one, read the pros reviews.

Mind you, I’m not knocking the 500 or 350, I would LOVE to have either of them in my garage... next to my 302.

They are just two different beast designed to devour two different kinds of prey.

Do what I do in my boating world - find friends who have 3 million dollar Hatteras offshore fishing boats and go along, but let them enjoy all of the cost, maintenance and fees while it sits at the dock 90% of the time.

Then I merrily jump in my 25 foot center console anytime I want to, any day, for any reason, or no reason at all.

In other words, find a friend with a 500 and get your 662 hp fix every now and then... then hop back in your 302 and enjoy - gas up, drive like hell, repeat.

My 2 cents - but I could be completely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Mogumbo

Established Member
I have a 2012 Boss 302 (non LS) in Race red with all options and 1900 miles, I bought it new and have all documentation. I have lowering springs, gloss black Vossen CV7's wheels, Ford Racing LS guage pack, AED custom tuned, Ram twin disc clutch (installed a month ago), Ford Racing High rpm tone ring, Ford Racing aluminum driveshaft ,MGW shifter, 6 piston front calipers from a 2014 GT500, rear GT500 brake upgrades, 3sets of mufflers and all original parts. I even have the original oil filter that was installed from the factory. This car is perfect in every way, NEVER tracked or abused and always in a garage and never in the rain. PM me if you have any intrest. Im sure Ive missed some things...
Thanks, Ron

I’ll trade you some sweet very comfortable standard seats from my boss for your silly looking uncomfortable pretend racing crappy old Recaros.

Just a thought... think it over.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread