Pretty or Performance?

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
I know this may be a dumb question on here but I'm in the market for new tires in the rear, my 315/30/18 BFG DR's have worn out and I'm looking for new. Unfortunately my alignment was off and will get adjusted before the new ones get put on and my current tires permaturely wore on the insides currently showing threads.

Just want to see what people think, I thought about 295/35/18 KDW's to match my 265/35/18's up front but know I won't get any traction til third but will get a lot more miles out of them, OR go with some 315/30/18 Hoosier DR's and grip?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sure, DRs will give you lots of dry grip. But ditto on the rain thing. If there is any possibility you might have to drive in the rain, be smart and avoid DRs.

SCcobra4me

ON3 U LUZ
Established Member
Not so much worried about the rain as it never gets driven in it, more or less the few times I pull up to someone who's got a lil sumpin and needs to be put down but can't cuz I just lite up the rears! Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Why not have 2 sets of rear wheels, one with drags, the other with summer radials. Just swap them out when needed. Just a thought.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Hoosier's drag radials should not be driven on the street like any other radial tire. They'll stick like glue for the first few uses, but if you do ANY type of sustained highway speeds, they'll get hard and stop hooking at all. If you want traction on the street stick to Mickey Thompson.

Users who are viewing this thread