Preparing to sell: 04 cobra w 89k

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Well, after much deliberation, I am slowly comming to the decision to sell my '04 cobra. The final straw is my job is forcing me to move from Florida to the Chicago area. I also have a '67 vert that I have had for 20 years. I really cannot justify owning two cars that will just sit in the garage for most of the time. I would really like to get my wife a newer ford fusion. Might see what the dealer will give me in trade.

Just a couple questions for the forum:

>Better to sell in Florida, or Chicago? (company will ship it for me at no charge)

>Should I put the stock air intake back on it? That would make it 99% original?

>What should I expect it to sell for? Keep in mind, I don't HAVE to sell it, so I am looking for best case sell. FWIW.

Here are some of the details:
>Torch Red, Chrome wheels, 99% stock, never pullied or raced.
>Original Owner, purchased in Sept of '04
>Have all original documentation, as well as test-track sig card.
>89k Florida miles. All by me. no racing or abuse.
>Just replaced clutch, TOB /retainer, flywheel rebuilt by McLeod.
>LPW rear diff cover and MM poly diff bushings added @ same time
>Replaced the 12mm IRS bolts w/ grade 8 9/16"
>cobra-bob's shifter gasket installed. (works well)
>Car is at the Ford dealer right now having the nose & hood repainted. Typical rock ships etc.
>Currently has a Moto-blue air box and intake on it. Have all original parts.
>Superchips Tuner w/ the mild tune installed
>drilled/slotted rotors installed, but still have the originals in good condition.
>other than that, its all original.

cbr repsol

Established Member
plain and simple u will get more on a private party sale. Be prepared to get a 7 to 9 k offer from a dealer. I would use kbb as a guide with your vehicles miles and condition. Also see what similar cars on our market place are going for? That might help u as well.

Qwk GT

Established Member
Some dealerships will do the autotrader garaunteed trade in or sell it to them outright.

Or just check kbb/nada trade in. I don't know what it would come out to in your condition, but it'll give a starting point.

I'd leave the intake on.

SBVERT03

Established Member
If its clean i would think you could get 15-17k out of it pretty easily. Some people will really like that it hasn't been modded, and TR is a pretty desirable color IMO. I know i would have been very interested had this been a year ago. Good luck with the sale!

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I would feel pretty good about getting 17k for it. I will probably sit on it if I cant get more that 15.

Any thoughts on weather value for these cars is likely to go up or down over the next 1-3 years?? If I don't sell it, it will be garaged >90% of the time since I will be moving to Chicago. I know I don't want to drive it in the salt/ice.

Also, would it be harder to sell in the Chicago area? I would expect to find fewer cars like this in that market. Especially ones that have never seen ice or salt.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Being that people can drive the Terminator year round in Florida, you'll do better selling it there than in Chicago. But in the end it's all about finding the right person at the right time. You certainly shouldn't be forced to sell it quick, and maybe for a lower price, before leaving for Chicago. Just remember that demand is up right now as we head into summer. Once fall hits, demand in the Chicago area will fall because very few people drive these cars during the winter months up north.

zincslowbra

Established Member
Thanks for the encouraging words. I think I would feel pretty good about getting 17k for it. I will probably sit on it if I cant get more that 15.

Any thoughts on weather value for these cars is likely to go up or down over the next 1-3 years?? If I don't sell it, it will be garaged >90% of the time since I will be moving to Chicago. I know I don't want to drive it in the salt/ice.

Also, would it be harder to sell in the Chicago area? I would expect to find fewer cars like this in that market. Especially ones that have never seen ice or salt.

def agree wit bob^ id sell it in florida put it up now cus it might take some time since most ppl dont have 15k sittn round nowadays. just the thought of that car sittin in chicago kills me, if it was mine id want it to go to someone that will enjoy it....GL dealr will def only give you half what its worth since no one is buyn cars eithr

Users who are viewing this thread