Preordering a 2018

verbal

Established Member
So it looks like I missed the boat on ordering a 2017. I wasn't ready to buy one until summer anyways until my MDX lease expires.

I talked to one of the biggest dealers in my area for allocations and they said they sold all of their allocations already (15) for MSRP. The sales person said their regional rep did indicate there would not be another production run for 2017. He did say that I could order a 2018 model now at MSRP.

With the popularity of the Raptors, I am wondering if I should preorder at MSRP. What do you guys think? I would hate to miss out again.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want one, you should get on a list. They haven't even announced allocation yet, so the closer to the top of the list you are, the better chance you have of getting one.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA - What do dealers usually require for you to order so far in advance? Are deposits usually refundable?

I require $2,000, and it is nonrefundable.

There is no point for me to take a refundable deposit; all it does is tie my hands from selling the vehicle, and allows the consumer to keep shopping for a vehicle elsewhere.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Order banks for the 2018 model open in July, according to the Ford Raptor forums.
What forum are you using?

There is no point for me to take a refundable deposit; all it does is tie my hands from selling the vehicle, and allows the consumer to keep shopping for a vehicle elsewhere.
So if you only receive 3 allocations are the other 2 getting their money back? How far into production cycle will you know how many allocations you're getting?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So if you only receive 3 allocations are the other 2 getting their money back? How far into production cycle will you know how many allocations you're getting?

Oh of course they'd get their money back. We'll know a few weeks before the order banks open.

The nonrefundable deposits are for guaranteed delivery. Only way they'd get their money back is if I couldn't produce a vehicle, or the vehicle that came in was not described correctly.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks!
Oh of course they'd get their money back. We'll know a few weeks before the order banks open.

The nonrefundable deposits are for guaranteed delivery. Only way they'd get their money back is if I couldn't produce a vehicle, or the vehicle that came in was not described correctly.
I'm guessing that $2k is then applied to the purchase of the vehicle? I need to find a dealer ASAP...

I know I'm jinxing myself but...RR better be available MY18.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm guessing that $2k is then applied to the purchase of the vehicle? I need to find a dealer ASAP...

I know I'm jinxing myself but...RR better be available MY18.

Correct, the $2k goes towards the vehicle.

verbal

Established Member

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread