premium cluster swap question

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
I am doing the premium cluster swap into a base GT, i understand i will have to go to my local ford dealership to get the gauge programmed to the key so the car will start, however will they reprogram the miles to be correct from the previous cluster or do they require you to order a cluster from them to have the mileage be correct?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
The mileage needs to be close to what your original odometer says. Your ford dealer will not be able to reprogram the mileage. If you're ordering a new cluster you can specify the mileage but if its used then you will have to send it to a company that can reprogram the odometer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
i just picked up a 13 premium cluster from another member with mileage within 4 thousand of mine, so the current plan is to drive until the two are within a few hundred of each other then do the swap. Any details on where to go for the reprogramming so that its functional?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Well if you are doing that then the dealer can install it for you. The only thing they cant do is change the mileage. Make sure they get track apps working too. You will need to get as built data from a premium gt that is the same year and same transmission.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
Thanks guys, found a youtube vid with what you are describing and will be doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread