• Sanderson - Glendale

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other - please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
please vote for your preferred service department. also list your preferred service rep if you had an exceptionally good experience.

I vote for Pioneer Ford. Dave Griffith and his technicians have always taken good care of my car. Even though it is quite a long drive for me I continue to take my car to him when it needs service.

- transmission replaced under warrenty

UBNSTRK

SVT GOD
Established Member
Hey Ben,

I would have to say that Lou Grubb Ford is respectable and know some what about our SVT's........ When I spoke to them about mods for my up comming 03' Cobra they got a little scared.... They said only do exhaust and intake thats all the car needs..... I was thinking are you kidding? He also suggested that if I did a chip, buy an extra PCM and hook it up if something goes wrong..... I bought my car at Five Star Ford and they were also a great dealership so I am stumped as to which is better.....I choose Lou Grubb because they took care of me when I needed to have a head replaced due to the, "Spark Plug Issue"...... I still dont know which one is the most mod friendly??? Who do the valley SVT owners think??

-Zach-

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Hi Zach,

my transmission was replaced under warrenty with my mods. But the cause of the failure was from the TOB working away at the retainer sleeve until it finally gave out. not a cause from the mods obviously so it was covered.

They did a super job of fixing it. They are in really good standing with the Ford reps and were able to pull a transmission directly off the assembly line and havd it installed within 3 days from when I dropped it off.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Its amazing how few AZ SVT owners comment or participate on this board. I would think there would be more participation. It must be the dry heat.

Blue Magic

Established Member
Well, my SVTF just went in Monday to Five Star Ford, for new ecu flash, and throwout bearing /clutch noise.Service advisor called today, told me pressure plate was bad . Overnighted the parts all new clutch etc, is being installed now. Ecu flash next. So we'll see how good a job they do,after its all done. Car is a 03 with only 3000mi.

Blue Magic

Established Member
Car is finally finished! Was a defective flywheel that was coming apart! So all new clutch,disc,t.o. bearing,flywheel,clutch slave cyl.Car runs great now!!!Also flashed ecu,no more surging in the morning.RPM's drop now like they should. :burnout:

Blue Magic

Established Member
They handled everything great! I highly recommend Chris Dencer the service advisor. He called and kept me up to date on everything. Only real delay was for parts ,which they overnighted. Chris is a super nice guy,and totally patient. One of only a few that takes time and LISTENS to you.(I work in a dealership, and I have known "former" advisors that would just BS you, to get you in and out) I won't hesitate to take mine back if I need to!:thumbsup:

Sweetlu60

AZ Bondostang
Established Member
I am interested in trying Lou Grubb. Have had great service with my other vehicles at Five Star when it was under different ownership, but do a search on my problems with the Cobra for the tape pulling up under the spoiler, replacing the brake cylinder reservior, and fixing the accumulator knock. They decided by car needed to have 18 miles driven on it. I have also taken the car to Superstition Ford in AJ, but they are not a SVT dealer but honored the rental. Only problem was the advisor I worked with quit and it took forever to get the parts for the reservior.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
I've been going back to Lou Grubb lately. To do basic services like oil change, wheel allignment, replace diff cover, etc... my service rep was Bo and they did a good job and I'm happy with their work.

I took it back a 2nd time to have the driver side seat belt replaced (it wasn't recoiling). THey kinda messed up the rear plastic trim where the seat belt coils back into. The plastic trim near the rear window was popped out. I popped it back into place but it doesn't look the same as the other side... it is just a little detail so I don't care. But it bugged me at first that the service guys didn't do it.

no biggie though but all service shops have a few half ass mechanics working.

for the most part I'm pleased.

:beer:

davidmax

Established Member
When they cant fixit and there hassling you,black listing you and telling you its your problem,Its time to call XTREME MOTOR SPORTS in Tempe/480-517-4969.We have special rate for mistreated Ford owners.we repair things from gas caps to a complete engine rebuild to an automatic swap,Dave Smilovic
Pres/Xtreme 480-517-4969 call even if its to sing the blues and we buy hundreds of thosands of parts annually so we dont mind going to bat for you,Dave S.
PS:Except for Ford we honor all after market warranties and know maany of the sdjsters on a 1st name bassis so we get free mods (hyptheticaly) sometimes,Dave Smilovic/[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread