Predictions: 03 KB Vert V.S. Built 402 GTO

03cobrarocks

Established Member
From videos on youtube ported eaton cobras seem to be better than kbs for the money invested...

I know this has to be due to the driver or supporting mods becuase more power and a more effiecent blower should run better obviously lol

http://youtu.be/x2Q5JJqhovQ

Last edited:

Evil6.0

Established Member
Well like I said earlier, me and the ported Cobra ran 4 times. Here is the better of those runs. Seemed to be a clean race and he just pulls hard up top. It was a good death..

[youtube_browser]6hlvXZ4zan4[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Lol this guy^ and his stock cobra that he bought thinks he wouldn't get left sittin still by one that's been built , my cummins weighs almost twice what a cobra does and it'd probably blow your doors off too

Dont you know n00bie?! never pop yo e-hood on an internet forum :nonono:

I race for keeps.

50q's

Established Member
Well like I said earlier, me and the ported Cobra ran 4 times. Here is the better of those runs. Seemed to be a clean race and he just pulls hard up top. It was a good death..

This has been my point the whole time, your car should run even or so with a ported cobra depending on cobras mods other than port. A kb cobra will rape a ported cobra up top. Makes no sense how you run with a kb cobra which I believe you shouldn't and get pulled by a car with less power than the kb cobra. Your car shouldn't run with a proper kb cobra.

Evil6.0

Established Member
This has been my point the whole time, your car should run even or so with a ported cobra depending on cobras mods other than port. A kb cobra will rape a ported cobra up top. Makes no sense how you run with a kb cobra which I believe you shouldn't and get pulled by a car with less power than the kb cobra. Your car shouldn't run with a proper kb cobra.

Ported Cobra is lighter has has better tires. The driver has also had is car longer and was more falmiliar with it. There are so many variables to go into it.

mebetter

Established Member

That's exactly how I imagined the race would go between the Gto and kb cobra. Irony at its finest.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
updown.gif

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Ported Cobra is lighter has has better tires. The driver has also had is car longer and was more falmiliar with it. There are so many variables to go into it.

x100000000000

Cant just slap an upgraded blower on a car and expect it to be really fast...

Once Op gets some more seat time and better tires should be a different outcome.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
I have a race against both OP and the GTO once I get a a few maintence issue fixed. I think the vert has a crap tune in it (sorry slobra but being honest) because his tuner has a bad rep for blowing terminators! Slobra, have u posted ur dyno graph here ( sorry aint going to read 11 pages) if not u should. My car isnt crazy fast but based on his tune and outcomes of prior races I am sure I can roll out on the vert. The GTO has great gear for 60 rolls but low on tq so it will be a close run and that blk porter cobra showed that.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Dom is gonna swing by tomorrow with Randall and he is gonna take a look at the car and see what he thinks. Like to get some experienced Cobra guys in the seat to see what they feel.

hookandpull

Established Member
Dom is gonna swing by tomorrow with Randall and he is gonna take a look at the car and see what he thinks. Like to get some experienced Cobra guys in the seat to see what they feel.

Have you done a compression test lately? Every time I changed plugs I would run a compression test.

Evil6.0

Established Member
I have a race against both OP and the GTO once I get a a few maintence issue fixed. I think the vert has a crap tune in it (sorry slobra but being honest) because his tuner has a bad rep for blowing terminators! Slobra, have u posted ur dyno graph here ( sorry aint going to read 11 pages) if not u should. My car isnt crazy fast but based on his tune and outcomes of prior races I am sure I can roll out on the vert. The GTO has great gear for 60 rolls but low on tq so it will be a close run and that blk porter cobra showed that.

Agreed. 60 rolls usually work in my favor. Below that, I can seem to get decent traction even with these 275 drag radials. Spring needs to hurry up and get here. I'm excited for our run too.

FoMoCo08

LSX Slayer
Established Member
Here's a decent little video of the cars I've raced....Big thanks to Bob at Stiegmier performance, his new stage 6 ports (with throttle body and plenum ported to match) have really impressed me...

YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread