Predator vs. Accel DFI

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
While you guys are waiting for the Predator, has anybody ditched their computer all-together for an Accel DFI engine management system?

A friend of mine just installed a DFI system on his older mustang and it's pretty cool. That might be a viable solution for you tweakers with heavy mods, nitrous, etc...

Pyro

Established Member
I suspect that it will surely void the warranty which is why most people are waiting for the Predator.

jonas

Established Member
chip!!!! dfi is really made for racing and not day to day driving. It would be more of a headace and waiste of time on a fairly stock street car than any help. Get dfi if your running 600+ not a stock bolton car, just my 2 cents.

Fast is the most popular dfi for the 4.6 crowd. May sport it myself if I go with a turbo depending on how a chip tune does.

systems like fast can gernade your car if you are unfamiliar with the inner workings of the eec, the sensors and actuators it uses and what they mean as well. I have a feeling that when the predator comes out we will be reading about novice people gernading their rides because of lack of understanding of all the parameters. The fast is like the predator on roids on how much it can tune a car since you have complete control not just +/- 5-10% on a few parameters

SVT4ME

Established Member
Pyro

the way you make it sound the predator will not void the warrenty. What is the predator? Send me a PM, please.

Pyro

Established Member
In so many words, the Predator reflashes the computer and allows you to load a new program that you or a tuner (via dyno tune) can upload. There are arguements that say it is detectable by the dealer but depends on the degree of changes you make to the parameters. I'm no expert but this is, in short, what I've been told. You simply plug it in, make the changes, and unplug. No physical signs of computer mods.

davidmax

Established Member
I run an accel Gen7 stand alone made for big power applictions.I can download CD's on my laptop I have a 91,93 97 100 and 104 octane program.It also pulls or advances timing according to octane desired.Its a fantastic system no pulleys to change just download the cd and its like having a boost adjuster for your Turbo setup.
I highly recomend this system its like carrying a dyno tune in a computer and a cheap 700.00 laptop,Dave Smilovic

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Is this one of those hand held models or will you have to go to a tuner?

It's hand held and the corvette versions have been around for years. Do a search and you will find more info than I can provide OR you can google it.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Is this one of those hand held models or will you have to go to a tuner?
The predator is a handhelp model, much like that from superchip and hypertech. BUT unlike those you have the ability to load a custom tune in it from a tuner and flash your EEC with that instead of using a chip.

Users who are viewing this thread