Predator "out of box" tunes

mattletourneau

Established Member
Has anyone run into issues with the stock predator tunes such as the cars running to lean with or without the pulley????? I live in Minneapolis and run 92 or 93 gas. On one of the other boards someone claimed that MANY people were having engine knocking with the canned tunes in the predator. Right now I have a cat back, CAI, and the predator performance tune but waiting to drive it once the roads clear up as I did the mods over the winter. I want to add the pully but I'm cautious. I'm trying to get the opinions from the board as it seems like the members have better knowledge than Steeda where I purchased it from.

ALA G8R

Banned
I had slight knocking with the pulley tune with 0% fuel adjustment and 0% timing adjustment. Once I added to 10% fuel knocking went away. I took out 10% timing for safety sake.

Mods: Maggie xpipe/catback, AR CAI, Accufab TB, 3.1 pulley, and Predator Pulley Tune.

slocobra03

Established Member
I could not use the "standard" pulley tune that came with the unit. I only have 91 Octane fuel out here so I had tons of pinging when I installed the "standard" tune from Diablo.
I contacted Nick @ Diablo and he created a custom tune for me.. no charge.

akaeric

Established Member
Thats why I would go to a tuner like Apten I have a predator in the trash can now because diablo is the worst choice in tunes because I've been there done that. There is another hand held tuner on the market and they have been in this bussness since as long as i can remmber and are willing to help.

mscafidi

Established Member
Or just go to a reputable Diablosport dealer and get a tune for your mods. I bought mine at RWTD and I have about 5 or 6 different tunes that James has sent me.

Users who are viewing this thread