Jack

Established Member
I have the following performance mods on the car at the moment:

Predator tuner with the pulley tune
UPR 2.8 pulley
UPR Cold Air Intake
Amazon idler pullies
Flowmaster catback

I am going to dyno the car on Saturday, either getting 2 or 3 pulls with the tail pip A/F sniffer. I doubt I'll have much of an opportunity to change the parameters of the Predator between runs.

So I'd like to hear from guys that have similar mods and what changes they made to the pulley tune to get the most HP out of their car...

changes like timing and A/F would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Getting a custom tune was the best increase for me. Depending on who you bought the Predator from will determine if you get a free custome tune.

However, to answer your question I recommend pulling all the timing and adding fuel. Thats retard timing to -10% and richen to -7.5% (don't let the - through you just move it so the slider is going to richen).

Jack

Established Member
well I plan on getting the blower ported in the very near future, so right after that I'll get a full custom tune...

for now the Preadator will do.

thanks for the advice, anyone else have any oppinions?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DSG_CobraVert
well I plan on getting the blower ported in the very near future, so right after that I'll get a full custom tune...

for now the Preadator will do.

thanks for the advice, anyone else have any oppinions?
I may have not made this clear but that is a custom tune for my Predator. James at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com took my dyno graph from my first run and smoothed out the A/F. I uploaded the new tune to my Predator and re-dynoed.

Jack

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
I may have not made this clear but that is a custom tune for my Predator. James at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com took my dyno graph from my first run and smoothed out the A/F. I uploaded the new tune to my Predator and re-dynoed.

no, understood what you said..

but I bought my car private party used, and it came with the Predator tunner.. so I'd have to pay James anyway for a custom tune

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
no actually depending on your mods a custom tune should be free. but once you start changing injectors, new blower (KB or whipple) then it is one flat rate of either $120 or 150 and he will give you a tune for that, and free custome tunes and retunes after that. but for your mods since you already have the predator if you need a custom tune he will give it to you for free since that is how he sells it. mine was very rich up top, i left the timing in and fuel at 0 but only because i did not hear any detonation and i didn't floor it until i hit the dyno. turns out a/f was 12.0 up to 4500, then dips down below 10.0 till 6500 where it rises for a second to 11.5 as soon as i finish my headers and get a dyno with a/f i am going to have a custom tune made by james@RWTD.

akaeric

Established Member
I say down load your stock tune from you Predator and sell it and go get a custom tune with a chip like Apten. Thats my personal experiance.

Users who are viewing this thread