Precision Fab intercooler resivoir install

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Installed my intercooler resivoir tonight with my H/E. Here is the write up on how to install it (ignore the dirty car from all the rain we have had):

Remove the 4 retaining pins holding the black cover down:
DSCF0365.jpg

Remove the (2) 8mm bolts holding down the resivoir:
DSCF0366.jpg

Remove the hoses, and remove the 13mm bolt closest to the upper radiator hose:
DSCF0367.jpg

Install the new resivoir, connecting the hoses back to their proper location on the resivoir. I suggest using worm clamps instead of the stock clamps. Use the 13mm bolt you removed, to connect the lower supprt bracket for the resivoir to the radiator support bracket. Install the 8mm bolts back where they belong, and reinstall the black cover:
DSCF0368.jpg

I used a gallon of distilled water when I filled this back up. The gallon was for both the H/E and the resivoir since I did them both at the same time. There was enough coolant left in the intercooler that I didn't add any extra.
Very easy and straight-forward install. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Last edited:

Jpjr

Established Member
Thanks! The intercooler uses the same coolant as the engine right? So you can mix and match?

Also, so you didn't drain the coolant you just plugged it?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Sorry, I should have put that in there. My car had the green coolant in the resivoir, so my understanding was that is just plain ol coolant. I had the system drained because I was also going my H/E at the same time. I am sure if you just plugged the hoses, and had something under the car to catch the coolant that comes out of the resivoir you would be good to go. Once it was all back together, I started the car, let it run the water through for a few minutes and added more as needed. I filled it about 3/4 of the way and let the coolant cycle through. I never added any new coolant, just distilled water.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I bought mine through Horsepower By Herman. I know there are a few others out there who sell these too, or something similar.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Good write up with easy to follow instructions.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Thanks :thumbsup: Sorry for the dirty engine bay! :bash: It did nothing but rain for almost 2 weeks straight here it seemed. Even rained the morning that I did this :cuss:

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Chris_H said:
I bought mine through Horsepower By Herman. I know there are a few others out there who sell these too, or something similar.

Do they have a website? Also, how much is it? Will it fit with the K&N FIPK?

Users who are viewing this thread