PPRV Delete for Dummies [HD Video : Step by Step]

408bluedog

Established Member
the hesitation was my first question when i bought my cobra... i would get it when rippin on it and shifting from second to third only. You wont get the hesitation if you shift faster.

mr.magic

Established Member
Sooo...did this work to relieve any hesitation? Just bought/buying an 03 with the PPRV delete from lethal and it apparently still has the hickup.

Last edited:

buldozr

The video was excellent btw. I have a customer in my shop and he has an '03 Cobra convert. He had asked me to install the PPRV delete kit, GT Supercar pumps and modified fuel pump driver as well as other mods to support a KB2.2. I dropped the tank to swap the pumps and noticed that the Supercar pumps are ~1/2" longer than factory cobra pumps, being that said, the Lethal performance PPRV delete kit will cause the lines included in the kit to kink :( I would like to let the community know this and also Lethal too. I will most likely have to modify the factory hangor by cutting and lengthening or purchase an aftermarket fuel hat.

Short story:
PPRV delete + Cobra pumps = WORKS
PPRV delete + GTSupercar pump = DOES NOT WORK without hangor mods/replacement

racin4ds

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I just removed my pumps thinking I had a bad pump and found a hole in the fuel hose just after the PPRV, I also noticed there is another barb/nipple on the PPRV itself with nothing attached to it?? what is this for? is it supposed to be an open hole?

Nice vid by the way, really came in handy!

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Hey great vid. Im looking to install a coba hat and fue pumps into my Mach1 gas tank. And was considering doing this modification. Couple questions, 1. Will this benefit me in a Mach1 tank? Will be 8lbs on an eaton swap. s jut over 400hp id say. 2. Does the Mach1 basket need to be modified to fit the hat and pumps?

furious465

Established Member
Well my car has this problem and it's annoying so I purchased the kit and will be installing it as soon as it gets here, I will give my feedback on it if it works or not, cause it seems nobody has said if it works 100% or not.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I have notice the hesitation too on a few occasions, my tuner recommends it, so it will get done.

furious465

Established Member
My kit should be here today, hopefully I can get it done with this 3 day weekend and I will let everyone know if it does help or if I waisted my time/money.

furious465

Established Member
Ok I just wanted to give an update. I got the kit and I have installed it, took me about 4 hrs taking my time and making sure I did everything correctly, the video helped me alot in getting the tank down and knowing what needed to be disconnected. So to the OP, I thank you very much, it was very helpful. Now did it fix my hesitation problem? Yes it did. I have not done a ton of WOT runs yet, but the WOT runs I did do today, not once did it hesitate on me which is great. I am very happy this worked because I will admit I was skeptical because I could not find a thread where someone that clearly stated it worked and was worth the $ and time to install it. So for me it has worked out so far. Now one negative thing I do notice is when the car is cold it does take a little longer to start do to the fact the valve is gone and it's not keeping the pressure in the line. But I will take that over the hesitation because that really ruined the car as far as drag racing goes. I will post back once I get alot more time and WOT runs/shifts on the car to let you guys now how things are going with it.

Users who are viewing this thread