Power train?

kingnut

Established Member
open ended question is an open ended question. heres another one. how are people happy?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Factory powertrain warranty is 5 years 60,000 miles. However this does not cover wear items related to the power train. For example the clutch, which I believe has a 12,000 mile warranty (that you'd have to check in your manual about).

Everything that is covered, isn't covered and exceptions can be found in your owners manual.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Factory powertrain warranty is 5 years 60,000 miles. However this does not cover wear items related to the power train. For example the clutch, which I believe has a 12,000 mile warranty (that you'd have to check in your manual about).

Everything that is covered, isn't covered and exceptions can be found in your owners manual.

im in a high rise at work, fill me in if you can

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
From the owner's manual warranty guide.

Coverages
3 year 36,000 bumper to bumper
5 year 60,000 powertrain
5 year 60,000 safety restraint system
5 year unlimited mileage corrosion (perforation only)

the bumper to bumper coverage states the following. "...authorized Ford Motor Company dealers will,without charge, repair, replace or adjust all parts on your vehicle that malfunction or fail during normal use during the applicable coverage period due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship."

The tires are covered under a separate warranty. and has a declining payment scale based on mileage. If there's a defect the scale works as follows.

0-12000 miles 100%
12,001-24,000 miles 60%
24,001-36,000 miles 30%

Powertrain

Engine:
all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat (and housing), timing chain cover, timing chain (gears and belts), valve covers, water pump.

Transmission:
All internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts...

For rear drive:
Axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.

I've obviously left a lot out here, but that's the gist of it. I'm not going to type the entire manual.

What's not covered...

Damage Caused By:
-Accidents and collisions
-theft, vandalism, riot
-fire or explosion
-using contaminated or improper fluids
-customer applied chemicals or accidental spills
-driving through water deep enough to cause water ingestion into the engine
-misuse of vehicle, such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing or using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source
-damage caused by alteration or modification
-damage caused by use and/or environment, including dings, dents, cuts, burns, punctures, tears, road salt, tree sap, bird and bee droppings, windstorm, lightning, hail, earthquake, freezing, water, flood, stone chips, scratches, windshield stress cracks

Wear items not covered under warranty:
-oil changes
-oils, lubricants, other fluids
-oil/air filters
-tire rotation/inflation
-cleaning/polishing
-clutch linings
-wiper blades
-wheel alignment and tire balancing
-brake pads/linings

The warranty states that although not covered some of these items will be taken care of free of charge regardless.
-wiper blades within first 12 months
-wheel alignment and tire balancing 12 months, 12,000 miles
-Brake pad/lining replacements during first 12 months or 18,000 miles.

So there you go. That's the big stuff.

You should still read your manual when you have a spare minute or two.

Users who are viewing this thread