Power steering is out and Advancetrack and stability control lights are on

5.0GT

Established Member
As the title says. The car was fine before last time I drove it. About an hour or to later when I started it said "Service Advancetrac" and then the title happened. Turned it on an off multiple time and unhooked the battery, nothing happened.

The rack connectors are hooked, all the abs sensors and no DTCs.

I'm out of ideas, and someone suggested that it's a fuse but don't know which fuse exactly and the manual didn't help. Has this happened to anyone before?

5.0GT

Established Member
Yeah abs sensor. Hers went bad sitting in the parking lot, just failed. Hahaha

How did you figure out which one? I found many threads with all these three symptoms going out but different scenarios hopefully this is it.

Zemedici

Established Member
How did you figure out which one? I found many threads with all these three symptoms going out but different scenarios hopefully this is it.

My shop foreman (I work at a ford dealer in parts) hooked up the IDS to check wheel speeds driving around the lot. When stopped the driver rear read 158mph, others read zero mph :lol:

Of course I told him to check wheel sensors based on the symptoms car was having

5.0GT

Established Member
Did you check the 100amp fuse off the positive battery cable?

Im kinda pathetic when it comes to electrical. Where is the fuse exactly, and do I just check the amperage with a multimeter? Does the car have to be on or off?

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
there are two fuses attached to the positive terminal of the battery. They drop down the side. Check for voltage on the side of fuse way from battery to negative terminal.
see pic for fuses
IMG_1882.jpg

5.0GT

Established Member
They seem fine. What's the amperage that am looking for, and I should do it when it's on right? Any other ideas to keep me busy tomorrow it's past midnight over here, can't start this thing.

5.0GT

Established Member
The dealer couldn't take it this week, I might look for a shop. The front of the car was on jack stands and when I started the car there were no lights and the steering was fine. I took the car off the stands and started it again, the steering was working for few seconds then the wheel suddenly went straight by it self with some force and it's back to zero.

Any thoughts until I get it checked?

5lho

Established Member
I think it would be unlikely to be an abs sensor and completely disable the steering. Those things are exposed to tons of road crap, temp swings and if a failure here meant a tow to the dealer that's shit design. Go to your owners manual under fuses and check ones related to the steering and abs systems. Plus check the battery condition

Beernuts

Established Member
Check the following fuses:

Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse(s):
8 (40A)
10 (30A)
45 (5A)

Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse: 34 (5A)

However, if you have a service advancetrac message that means the ABS module has DTCs present. You need to read those DTC's to know what is causing the fault.

Last edited:

5.0GT

Established Member
I think it would be unlikely to be an abs sensor and completely disable the steering. Those things are exposed to tons of road crap, temp swings and if a failure here meant a tow to the dealer that's shit design. Go to your owners manual under fuses and check ones related to the steering and abs systems. Plus check the battery condition

Im able to drive it without the steering assist, it's not too hard to steer ones it's moving

Check the following fuses:

Battery Junction Box (BJB) fuse(s):
8 (40A)
10 (30A)
45 (5A)

Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse: 34 (5A)

However, if you have a service advancetrac message that means the ABS module has DTCs present. You need to read those DTC's to know what is causing the fault.

I tried scanning it even though there's no engine check, nothing came up.

Is the SBJ the one near the passenger's leg?

Users who are viewing this thread