• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Power Mirror Help

Discussion in 'Ford Superduty Trucks' started by Hef, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Hef

Hef Well-Known Member Established Member

My mirrors on my 08 SD are power and will not extend. I hit the switch and can hear them try to extend and they flex VERY slightly. What can I do? Is there a way to even them up? Do I have to replace them? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2. big dad

big dad Well-Known Member Established Member

You can manually extend and retract them just push or pull them, then try the switch again. Hope this helps.

3. Hef

I have done that and they don't move, I was afraid of stripping out any gears.

4. beau t

beau t Active Member Established Member

GruvenParts.com Ford Trucks Power Fold TOW Mirror DIY
    Try this guys site- if nothing else he has a lot of pics and write up on how to take them apart. from what i read they have plastic gears that are bad to break or strip out, it looks like this guy makes them out of steel and brass and its 1/3 of what new mirrors are although I'm unsure if he only does folding or both i just did a quick search. BTW did you ever figure out the blower motor / blend door issue and what was it?

5. Hef

Thanks for the info. As far as the blend door, I think she is just cold blooded in extreme cold, blend doors seem to work, I can hear them and get heat, but when its COLD it takes a while for consistent heat to come out. Love the truck tho, I know people say 6.4's have issues but this truck runs like a champ and is taken care of. Thanks again beau

beau t likes this.