Power Mirror Help

Hef

Established Member
My mirrors on my 08 SD are power and will not extend. I hit the switch and can hear them try to extend and they flex VERY slightly. What can I do? Is there a way to even them up? Do I have to replace them? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

big dad

Established Member
You can manually extend and retract them just push or pull them, then try the switch again. Hope this helps.

beau t

Established Member
GruvenParts.com Ford Trucks Power Fold TOW Mirror DIY
Try this guys site- if nothing else he has a lot of pics and write up on how to take them apart. from what i read they have plastic gears that are bad to break or strip out, it looks like this guy makes them out of steel and brass and its 1/3 of what new mirrors are although I'm unsure if he only does folding or both i just did a quick search. BTW did you ever figure out the blower motor / blend door issue and what was it?

Hef

Established Member
Thanks for the info. As far as the blend door, I think she is just cold blooded in extreme cold, blend doors seem to work, I can hear them and get heat, but when its COLD it takes a while for consistent heat to come out. Love the truck tho, I know people say 6.4's have issues but this truck runs like a champ and is taken care of. Thanks again beau

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread