Power door lock switch?

James Paredes

Driver's side works just fine, it will lock and unlock both doors but the passenger side button is dead. Would this be a switch that needs to be replaced or a fuse? Anyone else run into this before? Easy fix?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The passengers side button in the driver's door? Or in the passenger door?
Either way it's most likely the switch.

SNAKEYE

Established Member
As I recall the power to the passenger door comes from the driver's door switch. My problem was solved by unplugging the wire harness at the driver's door switch, cleaning up the connections, and plugging it back together.

James Paredes

It's the switch on the passenger side door that's the issue. All buttons on the drivers side works as they should both windows and locks. The passenger side window switch works but the power door lock does NOT. Was hoping it was something simple.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Could be a broken wire in the housing between the body and the door. Could be a bad switch.

You will need to grab a test light or voltmeter to check things out. It sounds like something simple.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

James Paredes

So it sounds as if the door panel has to come off for sure? No way around that? I always have bad luck breaking clips off or developing rattles that weren't there before. I 'd rather not remove the door panel if I can avoid it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So it sounds as if the door panel has to come off for sure? No way around that? I always have bad luck breaking clips off or developing rattles that weren't there before. I 'd rather not remove the door panel if I can avoid it.

No reason to remove the door panel. Pop off the switch bezel and test the switch.

This vid may you a little bit.

shurur

Established Member
There is a ground lug in the kick panel on the driver's side that often cause the problem you are seeing. I'd pull the kick panel and look there first, then brake out the wiring diagrams and meter.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
The actual switch comes right off once you remove the cluster from the door .
The switch is interchangeable throughout fords line of cars and trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread