Power by the Hour- The Real Deal.

Flcracker

Established Member
The whole team at Power by the Hour has done an awesome job with my car over the years. I took my car to them about five years ago for a Roush blower which morphed into a 675/590 beast with a T56 Magnum, Fore fuel system, Wilwood brakes, et cetera. I guess I'm just feeling grateful and want to give an "at a boy" to a great company that has been professional and honest the whole way. Thanks guys! I'll be seeing you in 94 days (but who's counting) for a short block. Matt Greene

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome man.
I hear and see good things about that shop!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
if I was gonna send my car somewhere to have it worked on they would be at the top of my list.

that 20 inch wheeled car with a TT turbo going 8's is sick! 8's on 20 inch rims lol gotta love that.

spectreman

Established Member
I recently sent them an email inquriy about getting some work done. No response.

Then I made a phone call, left a voicemail and got no response.

Hard to give them work if they don't communicate back.

Worse part, they were recommended by another Stang shop in the area. I had high hopes but...

Glad it worked out for you.
Lee

spectreman

Established Member
Too late. Found a local shop in Jensen Beach that specializes in Fords; they did a great job on the clutch install and will be doing a gear install later this week.

I tried, really did- gave them two tries. It's on them at this point. I don't hold anything against PBR and would consider them again in the future but for right now, I'm staying w/the local shop.
Lee

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I will say this about a gear swap. I had 4 or 5 gear sets installed in my car and everyone of them was noisy. I took the rear end out and sent it to PBH and to this day it is still quiet after several trips to the track. Lots of people say they can install gears but getting one quiet is another story. I wish you well!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well that sux but a missed email or phone call would not stop me from continuing to call. they probably get 10,000,000,000 emails every day so I would have just called a few times at different times of the day.

I always thought of it this way. if their not answering calls their working on cars. if my car was there id be happy they were working on my car vs. talking on the phone.....

I think ppl leave one message or email and assume its all u need to get a response. sometimes it is but other times it isn't and if u want ur car worked on by a top shop sometimes u gotta be a little patient.

I recently sent them an email inquriy about getting some work done. No response.

Worse part, they were recommended by another Stang shop in the area. I had high hopes but...

Glad it worked out for you.
Lee

Zemedici

Established Member
well that sux but a missed email or phone call would not stop me from continuing to call. they probably get 10,000,000,000 emails every day so I would have just called a few times at different times of the day.

I always thought of it this way. if their not answering calls their working on cars. if my car was there id be happy they were working on my car vs. talking on the phone.....

I think ppl leave one message or email and assume its all u need to get a response. sometimes it is but other times it isn't and if u want ur car worked on by a top shop sometimes u gotta be a little patient.

This. I realistically get 3-500+ emails a day, and 200+ phone calls.....

spectreman

Established Member
I'm the customer. Their job is to service me, not for me to work for them.

I'm glad you guys were happy w/their work. Again, not bashing on PBR but if they don't return emails/voicemails, then that's on them.
Lee

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Lee,.....I know how you feel. I left 2 emails for VMP, about 2 weeks apart, when I was seriously thinking of build the heck out of my Roush. This was about a year ago. I never got a response back.
VMP, Power By The Hour,(PBH) and Injected Engineering are the 3 shops I would let work on my car. (I also hear some good things about AED as well though.)

Recon

Established Member
Lee,.....I know how you feel. I left 2 emails for VMP, about 2 weeks apart, when I was seriously thinking of build the heck out of my Roush. This was about a year ago. I never got a response back.
That’s strange first time I emailed Justin I got an email within 24hours of sending it. Thought about calling?

Pick your poison.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s strange first time I emailed Justin I got an email within 24hours of sending it. Thought about calling?
I thought about it, but I felt if I had an email, I could go over things better if I had them written down. lol
No harm, no foul. I hold no grudge against them as they are one of the best in my opinion.

spectreman

Established Member
Residents of FL are lucky because we have so many good, reputable Stang shops, especially in the Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county areas. I certainly wouldn't exclude VMP from that list either, or Brothers Performance up in the same area about 1.5 hrs. north. My personal fave is Steeda but that's about an hour+ south of me, whereas PBR is only about 30m south.

We even have a really awesome shop right here in Palm City- Extreme Performance- that does some incredible work but they live by the axiom of 'you get what you pay for.' Top notch work but not inexpensive.

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
Power by the Hour, Tim Eichhorn from MPR, and Ken Bjonnes from Palm Beach Dino all in the same area is great for Mustang gear heads in South Florida.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread