Powdercoating Steeda Spyder wheels

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
When my 2005 Mustang GT was totaled, I was able to keep my Steeda Spyders. I like these wheels, however it seems that on my 2013 GT they don't have the same effect. The wheels have what looks like brake dust burnt into the spokes and slight chips or scratches in the clear coat on the polished section. I'm sure maybe some elbow grease could help a lot of that but the brake dust part looks more permanent, as the spoke look matte black in spots. To remedy this, I'm thinking of powercoating them to restore the stock look of them or take the opportunity to change the looks of them.

I've been considering different options and I don't know what the cost associated with them would be and if some of the options are even feasible.

These are my options:

1) Powdercoated Piano Black- spokes and lip. I figured this would be the cheapest option. I'm not sure how a deep dish style wheel would look In Straight black

I have a set of Steeda Spyder Wheels for a 2013 Mustang GT. The wheel is a deep dish style wheel, black with a polished (machined and clear coated) lip. It's a staggered setup; fronts are 20x9.5 and the rears are 20x11.

I've been considering different options and I don't know what the cost associated with them would be and if some of the options are even feasible.

These are my options:

1) Powdercoated Piano Black (or starlight) - spokes and lip. I figured this would be the cheapest option. I don't know how a deep dish wheel like Spyders would look in straight black. But all black seems to look great on 2011-2014 Mustangs for some reason to me.

2) Same as the one above except leaving the lip polished and recleared. I don't know if masking is possible during the powdercoating process. Up in the air with this idea as I like to have something different with all this trouble.

3) Powdercoated Bronze -spokes and lip. I thought this would look good on my DIB GT. It's bold and different

Opinions?

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
I just hope it doesn't look cheap on deep dish style wheels like spyders. Most piano black wheels are like forgestar f14 and etc, with no lip.

Users who are viewing this thread