Potholes potholes potholes

Wallace7666

Established Member
So I live in central NY and putting it lightly, our roads are TERRIBLE, especially after the cold winter we have had. Driving my grand cherokee around I continiously fall into crater-like holes that damn near rip my wheels off. Im taking my car out of storage in about 2 weeks and am deathly afraid of what these potholes will do to my car. Granted, my car is solid rear so the ride is a little rougher. Should I not drive my car much or just try to swerve and avoid them? Really I just needed to vent because the roads here are getting rediculous...anyone else have to deal with this??

weaselp1

Established Member
I live in Wisconsin and it is horrible. I live in the Milwaukee area and Milwaukee county is horrible - my friend lost 3 tires last year due to pot holes...he has 275/30/19 on a 2008 BMW 550i. I stay out of Milwaukee county with my cobra and drive in the surrounding counties which are better, but not by much. So yes, I feel your pain OP.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
where I live also, just a matter of time before highway dept gets to them, I would just drive the car and try to avoid them.

masterjr33

Established Member
I can promise NY NJ are the worst.
that is where about 80% of our tire and wheel road hazard claims come from.

03slaminator

Established Member
I live in in north eastern part of Oklahoma and the roads here are absolutely horrible. The town I live in thinks it's ok to either throw gravel in a pot hole or just refill it wilt asphalt. So in just a few weeks all the crap is beat back out of the holes. And that's if they even decide to try an fix a pot hole. Normally they let it go until it's so bad that it's been causing ppl to tear there suspension up and bend rims. And when they do decide to fix a complete road, when it's done it feels either like a roller coaster or a bunch of speed bumps in a row. Lol plus when it rains the new roads hold water so bad it looks like small ponds all the way down the street. Gotta drive very careful. Lol

Then 2 years later after a brand new road was put in. It's starts cracking out and getting potholes. It pisses me off how bad the roads are around here. At every rail road crossing you have to drive super slow and go at it at an angle so u don't rip anything off the bottom of your car.

03' White Snake

Established Member
The roads are in rough shape for sure this year. I have 2 broken hub caps on my Fusion from pot holes.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Roads are shit all over the country from the bad winter. All of these pot holes create perfect for rocks that will crack your windshield. We were just driving home and a rock hit my wifes window and chipped it pretty good!!! In the past I got upset about it now im just immune to it.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I was in New York this past weekend and it's a million times worse down there and I thought up here was bad in Boston....

Can't wait to take my car through NY/NJ on the way to Mustang Week :bored:

joshcarp81

Established Member
Eastern Ohio here..... Primary roads held up pretty good. Secondary roads, not so great. Especially two I use to get to a couple sites my company are working at. My ride will sit 'til the roads are muuuuuch better. I've waited this long and even after the couple heavy rains there are still lots of cinders,salt and rocks on the roads.

Woody6799

Established Member
I almost hit one it Toms River last week, and I swear to god I am not exaggerating, that would have beached the Cobra. It was about 2 feet wide and had to be 8-10" down in the middle. If it hadn't been 11a I would have slammed that sucker at 30 mph. Blueline was with me, we were both in shock.

west08

Established Member
I was waiting for someone lol.
Wayne county in Michigan is just terrible
^^^^^^^^^ Is home to all the crooks

As for roads, Oakland county I think is just as bad as Wayne county. Which is sad because there is a LOT more money in Oakland than in Wayne.

Users who are viewing this thread