posting here too, turbo 01 cobra??

mike01svt

Established Member
What kind of numbers can I get on stock Block. also who makes the kits that are good?? thanks

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I think Pro Turbo is making a kit now. Not real sure of how many companies are working with the 4.6 right now. Amazon racing has some info about turbo kits for the 4.6 since they install them. Give them a shout.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
the stock internals will handle no more than 550WHP. even with a conservative tune, there's no way the hyperutectic pistons can handle that abuse.

I had 510whp with a 11.5 A/F ratio on 10LBS of procharged boost. it didnt last too long. build yourself a motor with the stock block, crank, forged rods and pistons, and even with the stock heads, throttle body, and everything else... except gobs of boost, and youll make upwards of 700WHP.

I have a buddy with the same setup as me except for forged internals and an adaquate fuel system.(see sig) with 25LBS of boost with the same blower make 705 WHP. nuts.

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Whats up IUPsnake? Haven't talked with u in awhile. Did i read your post right, u blew your motor up? Not good!

What happened?

mike01svt

Established Member
I am looking to keep everything internal stock, since I only have 10k on my 2001 motor. I want to make around 450-475 at the wheels. What do you all think

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
Whats up IUPsnake? Haven't talked with u in awhile. Did i read your post right, u blew your motor up? Not good!

What happened?

nothing exciting.. my motor still runs, and runs real good. the only problem is that whenever I get into boost, it smokes blue, and wont make power after 5K RPM's or so.

I pulled the plugs, and theres oil in the #6 cylinder.

ive put about 2K miles on it the way it is... no check engine lights or anything.

ill forge it this winter.

-Homer

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by mike01svt
I am looking to keep everything internal stock, since I only have 10k on my 2001 motor. I want to make around 450-475 at the wheels. What do you all think
To make 450rwhp it would only take a T60(little turbo) about 9psi to generate those numbers on a stock engine.

mike01svt

Established Member
That is good to know, 9psi wont be putting that much stress on the internals, but at a 5995 price tag it looks like the best route for me would be the vortech setup. Are the tunes on the new chip safe to get into boost with?? Or do you need to dyno them again and get a new chip burnt, becuase the closest dyno is 1 hr away from me, and the guy dynos the car then sends the results to get a chip burnt, so that is more than a 3 day wait.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by mike01svt
That is good to know, 9psi wont be putting that much stress on the internals, but at a 5995 price tag it looks like the best route for me would be the vortech setup.
But remember, that 5995 includes eveything. Turbo, Intercooler, injectors, MAF, Exhaust, etc. Also, a Turbo will generate much more power at the same psi than a supercharger can. A turbo also puts a whole lot less stress on a engine beause it isn't being driven by the engine. One more thing: How about turning up the boost just by turning a dial? 5psi for just cruising, then jack it up to 9-10psi when somebody wants to play :-D

mike01svt

Established Member
I understand what you all are getting at, but i just got back from my first day of school my books were over 400 dollars and I still owe them an additional 700 to added to the 590 dollar downpayment for letting me register for my classes. It looks as though no mods are in my near future :(

ZeroSpinn

Car Mod Addict
Established Member
just a note...

I heard through the grapevine (actually Stangnet.com) that TDC has SERIOUS customer service issues, like only shipping parts of the kits and stuff. I have no beef w/ them, their kits looked good, but you can check out the customer reviews on Stangnet before you order. Just something to think about.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
From what I have heard, TDC is done. If you buy their kit your just giving your money away.

Users who are viewing this thread