Post Your 17" Drag Wheel Set-up Pics

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
17” Drag Wheel Set-up Pics

Well, I figure this might be the best place to post this. It’s about time I get serious with my wheel/tire combo. I have 18” drag radials but they just don’t cut it.

So I’m thinking about going to a 17” wheel with a tall tire. This would be for the street and once in a blue moon track use. I just need better traction but don’t want to go down to a really small wheel. So post up your beefy 17” wheel/tire set-up! I’d love to see them.
Thanks.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I went to a set of slicks and skinnies, so I'm selling my 17x9.5 Wedssport SA70s with almost brand new 26x11.5-17 MT ET Streets on them. I don't know how much power your car makes but my 450rwhp 04 Cobra left hard on them.

6195959004_d338fb1870_b.jpg

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Amercian Muscle makes a 17" race star for the front ans rear of our cars. And hoosier makes a 28" tall slick for a 17" rim

Racestars are crappy wheels. I'd stay away from them, especially on a car of that calibar. They use 1960s "uni-lug one bolt pattern fits all" technology and use an offset lug nut washer to center the wheel on the hub. I sold mine about 2 days after purchasing them. I didn't feel safe going mid 11s on them, I'd be scared to put them on a 1000rwhp car.

gamebred26

Established Member
can you hook a 17" drag radial on a manual car? i got the MT ET Street Radial II
315/35/17..got them at the end of the yaer didnt get a chance to go to the track with them yet. i am worried with suck a small sidewall they wont 60'..thoughts?

Explosive

Established Member
Is it worth the 17" wheel ? Or would it be a better choice to just do the GT swap and run 15's ?

coposrv

Established Member
One of my favorite gt500 color combos. ever though of black powdercoating the racestars? Would look sinister. ^^^ What wheels on the 5.0?

hammerhead2

Established Member
Racestars are crappy wheels. I'd stay away from them, especially on a car of that calibar. They use 1960s "uni-lug one bolt pattern fits all" technology and use an offset lug nut washer to center the wheel on the hub. I sold mine about 2 days after purchasing them. I didn't feel safe going mid 11s on them, I'd be scared to put them on a 1000rwhp car.

While I would agree that racestars may not be the top of the line wheel choice people have been running way faster than 11's on that same style of wheel for years without issue so I don't see any reason for saftey concerns. Nice car by the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread