Post the little touches...

dpa43

Established Member
SVT embroided head rests,
orig.jpg

SVT overlay of the Ford Oval,
standard.jpg

LED License Plate lights, (LED is on the left to show the difference)
standard.jpg

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
deffinately a cool thread. i just wish there were more lightnings on it. i'm also depressed when it comes to the comp orange terminators. i miss mine soooo much.
anyway here are just a few of mine. some are obvious and some you would never ever in a million years pick up on unless i point them out.
so here they are: smokey gold painted wheels (obvious), my take on the saleen build numbers(a little horror influence), the mr. horsepower woodpecker, and the ones nobody would ever notice are the outer borders of my headlights and corner lamps (on every other blacked out lamp you will see a white outline/border from the glue. i painted the inner lips/maiting surface to hide the outline and keep a clean stealth look)**compare pics tosee what i'm talking about and that i'm not just crazy**

k3b021.jpg

2nu3mzl.jpg

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
I dont have any pictures on my computer, but when I had my 97 gt I painted the x pipe black, the catback black, the tips black (which no one but me knew), then I had a coin holder delete with GT lettering in white light, tinted my foglights myself, and painted the usual interior trim pieces on the door panel

tedness

Bananarama
Established Member
removed the GT trunk badge. looked out of place to me when the side badges said 40th anniversary. plus now at first glance people might think its a v6 with dual exhaust :D

DSC_3576.gif

NITMARE

Established Member
I haven't done much to my car, it's pretty stockish but a Mustang guru will notice that there is something different about the motor. Can you spot it?? I painted my intake black ;)

1002192y.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
damn love all the little mods, it makes the car stand out that much more to the people that really know cars

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
Lol... With your intake painted black it almost looks like a twin-turbo viper motor... That is definitly going to be a cool project.:bowdown:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
No pics but here is a list of what I did:

I painted my entire engine bay gloss black, including the inside part of the fenders, looks good and noone seems to notice thats its not mineral grey anymore lol.

painted my entire light bracket (cant think of the official name of it) gloss black,

painted the radiator support gloss black since you can see it through 03/04 cobra bumpers on cars not with heat exchangers or intercoolers.

Im ordering an overlay for my ford emblem of a black running pony

something else that not many people recognize when they look at the back of my car, my stock GT bumper is shaved. I bought it like that when I needed a replacement bumper. It is just smooth instead of saying mustang. I like the look a ton better.

I have a v6 wingless trunklid on my car.

Now where can I get some of those billet overlays for the vertical bars on that comp orange 04 cobra's front bumper? I like that look a lot

Blown 89

Established Member
Believe it or not this "little" touch goes completely unnoticed by everyone. Moved the A/C controls down and hand made a the bezel to house a carpc and dvd drive. I also replaced the cig lighter with a repainted T/C button to control the power and the coin slot now houses usb ports and an audio jack. I thought it would be the first thing people notice in the car and if I don't point it out most people miss it:

254685.jpg

Custom skin I made complete with Ford logos:

270249.jpg

I also get on my hands and knees and wash the fuel tank and exhaust when I wash the car since it's noticeable from behind. I've only had one person ever notice that.

Last edited:

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
For those of you wanting color matched badges, they arent hard to take a part, the oval is simply glued into the chrome retainer.
25139-60-7327.jpg

100_4951_Medium_.JPG

I also Polish the inside of my bed.
25139-60-23724.jpg

I run a lighted license plate frame so I didnt have to drill a hole in my rollpan, and also no LIGHTNING Badge on the gate, just a simple SVT one.
100_3769_Medium_.jpg

The PO on my Cobra painted the pony black, but it looked like an appaloosa, so I repainted it...
100_4347_Medium_.JPG

Also Polished my Bassani pipes. And put a blue License plate cover on.
100_4141_Medium_.jpg

No Wipers, with black caps. No one ever notices
100_0974_Medium_.jpg

Painted Center Caps on the FR500's
100_1104_Medium_.jpg

But Thats all I have to share, Havent had the time to really do anything neat :( The PO did most of the work to the Cobra. I have just refinshed everything he did.

But I also line up my tires letters with my valve caps, along with lining up the wheel locks with the valve caps. And NO WHEEL WEIGHTS on the outside of the wheels. EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread