Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

cheaneyt

Established Member
Still work in progress
20211022_160929.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Actually, she doesn't care for it. She wanted a van, especially to haul the g-kids.
This has 3 rows, w/ captain chairs, but still not as accessible.

She puts a lot of highway of highway miles on, even during the winter. Even though it's smaller, she was used to driving an AWD Escape.
I didn't think transitioning back into a FWD would go very well.
I wanted her in an safe, AWD Ford vehicle. This is the best I could do. I even bought Blizzaks/wheels from TR for winter.
FML - lol.

View attachment 1726213
Ah, okay. I absolutely hate vans so when I hear of someone who prefers them, I understand it for a family but can't get beyond the hate. LOL. You adding the Blizzaks and the Explorer having AWD will hoping put somewhat of a smile on her face when she's battling the elements this winter.

When our grandkids were younger, seating was important for both my wife and I. At that time I had a Chevy Blazer S-10 and then an Infiniti QX-4. The QX-4 was our workhorse and the granddaughters loved it. To this day they wish I still had it. Seating for the three of them was great, and the rear storage was great as well. No 3rd row seating, but that's usually useless anyway. We fortunately never saw a need for an SUV. The QX-4 did everything very well. But I certainly understand that there are those folks out there who absolutely won't settle for less than a van. Funny how it wasn't all that long ago that vans were everywhere. Now, we see fewer of them while seeing a huge increase of SUVs of all sizes (sub-compact, compact, regular, large, and extra-large. LOL.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Had the ram detailed. Buffed the old ceramic coating I botched off and the guy gave it a nice coat of wax. Very happy with how good it looks now. Fresh for having almost 70k miles at this point
Howd you botch the diy ceramic coat??? The amount of work needed to correct a ceramic coating mistake still keeps me from doing it myself but I still want to try some day.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Howd you botch the diy ceramic coat??? The amount of work needed to correct a ceramic coating mistake still keeps me from doing it myself but I still want to try some day.
You have to get the paint perfect and super clean before ceramic coating.
You can create high and low spots with ceramic coating if not applied correctly.

My94GT

Established Member
When I did the coating I had a smaller garage with poor lighting. I had to do it with the garage door open and do half the truck at a time. It was also cool out so cure times were a bit on the longer side. I just didn’t polish out the coating enough. In low light the truck looked fine but in bright light the whole thing was very hazy, almost looked like someone took a steel wool to it lol.

Thankfully it all polished right out. I opted for wax this go round as I wanted something that didn’t require special upkeep like specific soaps and being quick to dry. I would definitely use ceramic coating again as you can’t beat that water bead effect and the depth it give the paint but I’d pay for it to be done and I’d likely only want it on a garage kept vehicle.

If you plan to do it yourself make sure you have a tempature controlled environment and quality lighting, preferably artificial sun lighting set up. I should know better as I run a body shop for a living but I was rushing it.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to get the paint perfect and super clean before ceramic coating.
You can create high and low spots with ceramic coating if not applied correctly.

When I did the coating I had a smaller garage with poor lighting. I had to do it with the garage door open and do half the truck at a time. It was also cool out so cure times were a bit on the longer side. I just didn’t polish out the coating enough. In low light the truck looked fine but in bright light the whole thing was very hazy, almost looked like someone took a steel wool to it lol.

Thankfully it all polished right out. I opted for wax this go round as I wanted something that didn’t require special upkeep like specific soaps and being quick to dry. I would definitely use ceramic coating again as you can’t beat that water bead effect and the depth it give the paint but I’d pay for it to be done and I’d likely only want it on a garage kept vehicle.

If you plan to do it yourself make sure you have a tempature controlled environment and quality lighting, preferably artificial sun lighting set up. I should know better as I run a body shop for a living but I was rushing it.
Collonite 845 for me it is lol.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Try The Sauce Pro by Undrdog. Not a ceramic per se; they equate to the coating applied to non-stick pans. Just used it again on my buddy's '22 Acura MDX last Saturday. Turned out great.

Easy as hell to apply. Obviously some solid surface prep will yield the best results just like with anything else. Do all your paint correction and polishing first. Wipe down with a diluted alcohol-water mix to remove impurities and promote bonding. Splash The Sauce on an applicator pad and apply to surface (crosshatch pattern for thorough coverage). Flashes to a haze in 7-10min. Buff off with a microfiber. Keep dry to let cure for 24 hours. Can be applied to just about everything aside from fabric. I like to use Nexgen's ceramic spray detailer every so often as a booster.

If I knew how to post vids, I show it in action on my truck. lol

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Try The Sauce Pro by Undrdog. Not a ceramic per se; they equate to the coating applied to non-stick pans. Just used it again on my buddy's '22 Acura MDX last Saturday. Turned out great.

Easy as hell to apply. Obviously some solid surface prep will yield the best results just like with anything else. Do all your paint correction and polishing first. Wipe down with a diluted alcohol-water mix to remove impurities and promote bonding. Splash The Sauce on an applicator pad and apply to surface (crosshatch pattern for thorough coverage). Flashes to a haze in 7-10min. Buff off with a microfiber. Keep dry to let cure for 24 hours. Can be applied to just about everything aside from fabric. I like to use Nexgen's ceramic spray detailer every so often as a booster.

If I knew how to post vids, I show it in action on my truck. lol
Looks interesting, how does it fare against a northern winter/salt brine on a DD thats parked outside???

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Looks interesting, how does it fare against a northern winter/salt brine on a DD thats parked outside???
I've only run it through one winter, but a few things I noticed...

Snow and ice don't stick to the hood as much. Seemed to slide off long before the heat from the motor warmed the hood.

Car washes were more effective at getting that salt haze gone. I assume because the crud can't adhere to the paint as much... In general, the hydrophobics make the drying process several times more effective although that's true for all these types of products.

I used it on my tonneau cover, windows, and mirrors. Same story with snow and ice adhering.

My truck gets a garage spot so I can't speak to sitting outside night after night. I still hit it with a little booster once a month after a wash, though, mostly because I'm OCD about having a clean vehicle. lol

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread