Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
If you dont look back at her when you walk away she isn't the right car for you
b5647a7e5228be185e9459d39cee2512.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Love it! How long have you had it? I’m anxiously awaiting to place my order on a Rubi Gladiator. I have been waiting for this truck for a LONGGGGGG time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it for three weeks now. I have about 3k miles on it and it is an awesome rig.

What “off road”? That looks like the mall to me... lololol

Aint that the truff!

You should have seen the route to get there.. ha ha! I passed at least one Starbucks.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had it for three weeks now. I have about 3k miles on it and it is an awesome rig.

You should have seen the route to get there.. ha ha! I passed at least one Starbucks.

Lol

Cant belive you got rid of the 4runner.... at the same time, I also have been having thoughts of going to a Jeep. Maybe even Gladiator.

How do you like the Jeep vs the Runner?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Lol

Cant belive you got rid of the 4runner.... at the same time, I also have been having thoughts of going to a Jeep. Maybe even Gladiator.

How do you like the Jeep vs the Runner?

The 4runner was great. It is definitely a lot more comfortable on the highway. However, the Jeep is definitely cheaper to mod, and with the Rubicon front and reat Dana 44's, 4.10 gearing and lockers, there is no competition when going deep off-road. The 4runner would get stuck in some spots that I know my old JK wrangler would have churned through with no problem, and it was just a Sahara. This one will go anywhere at anytime.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The 4runner was great. It is definitely a lot more comfortable on the highway. However, the Jeep is definitely cheaper to mod, and with the Rubicon front and reat Dana 44's, 4.10 gearing and lockers, there is no competition when going deep off-road. The 4runner would get stuck in some spots that I know my old JK wrangler would have churned through with no problem, and it was just a Sahara. This one will go anywhere at anytime.

For sure! So would you say the Runner was a better DD? The Rubi more of a toy?

Any shortcomings on the Rubicon?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
For sure! So would you say the Runner was a better DD? The Rubi more of a toy?

Any shortcomings on the Rubicon?

Hmm, not even that. They are just different on the road. The difference comes mainly as two cons, which also are pros when you realize you are in a Jeep.
  1. Cabin noise (because top is removable)
  2. Bouncier ride (Solid Front axle)
Other than that, they are both equally comfortable to drive. Having the ability to remove the front section (read: freedom top) trumps all.

Also, the 2.0 Turbo engine is awesome, and the 8 speed transmission is simply great.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Took the M5 out to watkins glen season opener today, I really wish road courses did "test and tune" events like drag strips did. It seems like the only way to run your own car on a road course is through a track rental, driving program or SCCA event. I'm not looking to compete, I just want to rip a few laps around the track!

I wish I had some action shots on the track, but the car did awesome. 3 1/2 hour drive out, 3 laps at redline in 2nd and 3rd gear averaging 70-80, 2 1/2 hours back to upstate PA to park it in the new garage and on a whim I decided to bring the Mustang home since I haven't driven it since like October of last year.

Following my friends trilogy marauder around the track was fun, two different kind of cars for sure. He just installed coilovers last night and did an eye ball alignment.

DSC_1927-X3.jpg

I'm going to cheat and post 2 shots because this one has a second car of mine in it

DSC_1930-X3.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

blk02edge

Established Member
Took the M5 out to watkins glen season opener today, I really wish road courses did "test and tune" events like drag strips did. It seems like the only way to run your own car on a road course is through a track rental, driving program or SCCA event. I'm not looking to compete, I just want to rip a few laps around the track!

I wish I had some action shots on the track, but the car did awesome. 3 1/2 hour drive out, 3 laps at redline in 2nd and 3rd gear averaging 70-80, 2 1/2 hours back to upstate PA to park it in the new garage and on a whim I decided to bring the Mustang home since I haven't driven it since like October of last year.

Following my friends trilogy marauder around the track was fun, two different kind of cars for sure. He just installed coilovers last night and did an eye ball alignment.

View attachment 1564679

I'm going to cheat and post 2 shots because this one has a second car of mine in it

View attachment 1564680
Oooh love the e39 M5. Any private tracks near you? I took the plunge (large plunge) to be a member at my local track but I use it like I own it. Total freedom. Im at the track damn near every weekend and lots of weekdays.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Oooh love the e39 M5. Any private tracks near you? I took the plunge (large plunge) to be a member at my local track but I use it like I own it. Total freedom. Im at the track damn near every weekend and lots of weekdays.

I don't think any of the tracks remotely near me would be considered private, they're all pretty huge. NJ Motorsports park, Watkins Glen, Pocono Raceway... The only track that I think is somewhat near me I haven't looked into at all is Monticello.

If I got a lot of use for my money I'd totally become a member somewhere.

edit: just for fun, I looked up Monticello's homepage since it's not a track I've ever looked into. They do offer a membership program, which varies between 60 to 95,000 dollars. Don't think I'm quite ready to step into that bracket yet, that's new M5 owners level of income not 19 year old M5 owners level of income lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread