Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

ArabianOak

Established Member
AF4DE930-B78D-4F24-B802-B42B18FD8665.jpeg
6A1CFBC0-A84D-42CE-9225-3EDF76ACC893.jpeg

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats. Looks incredible.
Bad ass, congrats.
Congrats man.
Beautiful truck. Enjoy.
appreciate it guys! It is weird having things like remote start, cameras everywhere, and not having to steer constantly lol. I am having a little bit of a hard time even posting the ole JKU for sale, but it‘s time, she was a good one…just no comparison to whatever the hell this 6500lb thing with “launch” button i just brought home

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
My ZR1 is finally complete and I have been able to put some miles on it. I have not gotten too crazy with it but it is fast AF. ~900 whp seems to be a great power level for this platform. It still hooks, it still handles but will scare the shit out of you if you want it to. These pics are unfiltered. IO is a wild color, it looks different at every angle.

thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like to hear the story behind the blue brakes..

All ZR1s have them. At least c6s, with very few exceptions. The lead engineer went to Duke which is why there are blue accents all over the ZR1. The blower cover, calipers, floor mats, and every zr1 tag has blue on it. The internal GM code word for the zr1 is "blue devil" after the Duke blue devil.

c6 z06s are similar except the accent is red instead of blue. all have red calipers.

I just discovered that in later years of the c6 you could option out caliper colors although very few did it. There was an IO car on BAT with silver calipers which caused me to do a double take. It turns out the owner specced it that way. That is a 1 of 1 car.

Sadly this all went away with the c7. They got rid of the blue accents and now the zr1 is just a mackdaddy z06 and a z06 is just a mackdaddy stingray.

PS the rotors on these are HUGE. The smallest wheel I can run is a one piece 18 in the rear and 19 in the front.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My ZR1 is finally complete and I have been able to put some miles on it. I have not gotten too crazy with it but it is fast AF. ~900 whp seems to be a great power level for this platform. It still hooks, it still handles but will scare the shit out of you if you want it to. These pics are unfiltered. IO is a wild color, it looks different at every angle.

View attachment 1762186View attachment 1762187

Jesus H Christ.

There isn't a thing I'd change on this. Amazing bro. You done good.

What blower?

You should start a build thread.

And we need videos you! Lets go

Users who are viewing this thread