Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great how hard was it to do?

Not too bad honestly. Testing out different methods on spare bumpers ate up a lot of time.

The only “hard” part is just trying to set the depth correctly so it’s not pulling the bumper cover in (you can see it deform) or if it’s too far out it’s difficult to unlatch it. You gotta pull the bracket away from the fender to get wrenches on the nut on each side.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Not too bad honestly. Testing out different methods on spare bumpers ate up a lot of time.

The only “hard” part is just trying to set the depth correctly so it’s not pulling the bumper cover in (you can see it deform) or if it’s too far out it’s difficult to unlatch it. You gotta pull the bracket away from the fender to get wrenches on the nut on each side.
Did you measure the final depth???

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you measure the final depth???
Why would I do that?

I tried but battery in my micrometer was dead. With the supplied nut,washer and a thick fender washer from Lowe’s I had basically 4 full threads exposed. I’ll measure it at some point

IMG_3905.jpeg

colin450

Established Member
Image1713556344.604933.jpg

Convinced my Dad to buy this car 20ish years ago when they first came out. He wasn’t even a Ford or Mustang guy and it wasn’t till years later I figured out he bought because I loved it. His garage is full of BMWs so this car went to storage for the last few years. Couple weeks ago I told him I’m using it this summer and he basically told me he’s been waiting for me to take it.

12k miles totally stock 03. Had the original tires on it still but I just put 4 new ones on it and changed all fluids.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread