Post most recent pics of your '13-14 GT500

svt662

Established Member
What do you mean.....the 13/14 GT500's have the best stereo systems ever in a Shelby.....lol.....took a pic of it too. Actually its not my stereo but looks exactly like that.....lol.

View attachment 1672711

Seriously though I am on my 2nd 13/14 GT500 and have yet to put the stereo on in either one. I have no idea what it sounds like. Finally was able to title the Shelby last week and after getting it inspected cruised around with the wife for about an hour with the windows down listening to that sweet music. The wife kept telling me to slow down....lol.
I don’t think I have ever used the ster
What do you mean.....the 13/14 GT500's have the best stereo systems ever in a Shelby.....lol.....took a pic of it too. Actually its not my stereo but looks exactly like that.....lol.

View attachment 1672711

Seriously though I am on my 2nd 13/14 GT500 and have yet to put the stereo on in either one. I have no idea what it sounds like. Finally was able to title the Shelby last week and after getting it inspected cruised around with the wife for about an hour with the windows down listening to that sweet music. The wife kept telling me to slow down....lol.
That’s one Clean engine bay!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That’s one Clean engine bay!
Based on color of coolant in the main reservoir, it was also brand new when the pic was snapped. ;)

My "sound" system is usually pretty clean, in spite of its ~32K miles...
IMG_0060.JPG

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Based on color of coolant in the main reservoir, it was also brand new when the pic was snapped. ;)

My "sound" system is usually pretty clean, in spite of its ~32K miles...
View attachment 1672763

2 questions for you:

1. Is the 5.8 and SVT painted on the blower or are they decals?
2. Where did you get the strut tower caps?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
2 questions for you:

1. Is the 5.8 and SVT painted on the blower or are they decals?
2. Where did you get the strut tower caps?
1. Painted, with Ford Race Red and Black touch-up, which is holding up fine years and thousands of miles later.
2. I don't recall where I bought them, but they're Roush Performance Black Anodized Billet Strut Tower Caps. It's worth noting the center caps included with the set don't fit correctly, but they're also Roush-branded so, while annoying to have paid for them, that didn't break my heart. The center points are, therefore, covered with simple black plastic caps from Ford. Also annoying was the fact that the "black" anodized finish wasn't really black, so had to have them powdercoated. I'm happy with the finished product, but it was not as advertised and cost more than it should have. I'll have to dig for part numbers, if you'd like them.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
1. Painted, with Ford Race Red and Black touch-up, which is holding up fine years and thousands of miles later.
2. I don't recall where I bought them, but they're Roush Performance Black Anodized Billet Strut Tower Caps. It's worth noting the center caps included with the set don't fit correctly, but they're also Roush-branded so, while annoying to have paid for them, that didn't break my heart. The center points are, therefore, covered with simple black plastic caps from Ford. Also annoying was the fact that the "black" anodized finish wasn't really black, so had to have them powdercoated. I'm happy with the finished product, but it was not as advertised and cost more than it should have. I'll have to dig for part numbers, if you'd like them.

The paint on the blower looks really good. Might have to steal that idea from you.

Thank you! Its all good, I can look around. I really want to cover up those bolts in a way that doesn't look cheap. I have seen the Roush ones and the only reason I didn't pick them up is because of the Roush branded center cap. If everything fit, then I may of picked them up and removed the logo.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Nice job with the blower top lettering. It looks really good. That engine looks clean enough to eat lunch on. LOL. Sharp, with a capital 'S'!
The paint on the blower looks really good. Might have to steal that idea from you.

Thank you! Its all good, I can look around. I really want to cover up those bolts in a way that doesn't look cheap. I have seen the Roush ones and the only reason I didn't pick them up is because of the Roush branded center cap. If everything fit, then I may of picked them up and removed the logo.
Thanks for the kinds words, guys!

I wasn't sure about painting the S/C letters, but I am happy with the way it turned out. I're received lots of comments about it and several others have done something similar after seeing it.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Finally had the chance to do a local shoot of the 13 Red Candy on Sunday. Some of these shots do not look like NJ to most but these were the old grounds of the Great Gorge Playboy Club which was here during the 70's in NW NJ. Today its Legends golf course and it looks pretty shitty because its not maintained anymore.

I know many are down on black wheels but I have always liked them on most rides and like the way they look on my GT500. I also have the silver bright base wheels that came from the factory and they will get new rubber on them next year.

DSC_0329.JPG
DSC_0335.JPG
DSC_0345.JPG
DSC_0359.JPG
DSC_0267.JPG

Brings back memories of the photo shoot done 20 years ago near that same spot for my 95 Cobra R that was in a book called Modern American Muscle that was done in 2001.

95CobraR.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread