Post here If you are or were in the militray share some of your favorite memories

VegasMichael

Established Member
So we land in Singapore after a few weeks at sea and want beers and Thai girls. We hit the land and hail a cab and say dude: Thai girls and beers. Take us there! Cabbie says right. Thai girls and beers. We end up on an expressway of some sort, following another cab with fellow shipmates, and there is traffic and lane closures. Cabbie dude, in an effort to keep up with the front cab, totally blows through safety cones and lane closures and keeps pace. We are like what the ****? We end up on front cabbie's ass and are leaving city proper and I say to the driver: Dude: Thai girls and beers, right? Him: Yes. Thai girls and beers. We end up in bum **** egypt and I said to my shipmates we are getting scammed and getting taken for a ride. We are still behind the front cab and end up going up a mountain. I see a sign for Singapore Zoo and all of a sudden it totally ****ing clicks with me. We said we wanted Thai girls and beers but he thought we meant tigers and bears. What can you say? You can't make shit like this up. We did like the zoo though. Saw my first komodo dragon live and in person.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
You should have asked for a short time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Not in the military, but my favorite memory is going to be when my best friend is back from overseas home and safe.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I was Security Police in the Air Force. When I was at Whiteman AFB, I worked in the Weapons Storage Area. The storage Area is located east of the runway at the far eastside of the base. Whiteman was/is a Nuke base. It was a Minuteman 2 missile base, but transitioned to being a bomber base with the B2 Stealth.

I was working a midnight shift and patrolling around the outside perimeter of the Storage Area with one of our Sergeants.. Around 3am, a vehicle is detected on the flightline and heading towards the runway. We attempt to make radio contact with the vehicle, but don't get a response. We contact Wing Security to see if they are aware of this vehicle and if it is authorized to be out here. They have no knowledge and also fail in their attempt to make radio contact with the vehicle.

The vehicle continues to drive towards the Storage Area. All attempts to identify fail, so it's time to go to work.

We move to intercept the vehicle and it stops. We exit our vehicle, M16's chambered, and pointing downrange. We conduct a felony stop on the vehicle, which ends with two subjects spread-eagle and face down on the tarmac. We cautiously approach the subjects and the vehicle. After clearing the vehicle, we identify the two subjects.

It turned out to be two Colonels, that did not have authorization to be out there and didn't know where they were. They apologized to us and immediately left the area.

I never heard anything about the encounter afterwards. I'm sure that this was something that they wanted swept under the rug.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
I was in operation phoenix in Jan, 1968 when we took the gold out of Ft. Knox. It wasn't that much fun, we froze our asses,

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
This is from the early '90s:

I went to Tech School (what it was called back then) for the USAF at the Defense Mapping School in Fort Belvoir, VA.

All around us were Army trainees and their barracks, but I lived in the barracks with Navy and Marine trainees, with the Marine trainees being Recon hopefuls doing their cartography training.

Well, we all took turns doing the firewatch for our barracks and this was during one of the worst and coldest winters (at the time) for Virginia/DC.

An Air Force full bird decided to cut through our barracks for warmth coming from some NATO offices that were housed on base at around 2-3am and caught this Marine fecking sleeping at his post.

The colonel didn't waste any time waking the numbnut up and asked him to wake his Gunny up so he could dress the Gunny down.

Gunny took it professionally, but boy did that former Pfc. end up taking it all from the Gunny. I've worked as a Corrections Officer since, and our inmates were treated better and given more freedom than that Pvt. did.

They kept him on, but A) he was on a VERY short leash, and B) he was set up as a warning to ANYONE and EVERYONE.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When I was in RTT we did a 2 week training op with Marsoc to help them train for an upcoming deployment. We were supposed to represent a less experienced force that they would have to cope with and train while in Afghanistan. Anyways, it was awesome as we got to do pretty much everything they train to do.

In one training scenario we did the 160th SOAR flew us up to the Cascade mountain range at night to do a raid on a building that was normally a fire training facility. It was about 3 or 4 stories tall and we were doing a simultaneous breach. My team was in a Blackhawk and we would be fast roping down onto the roof to clear from top to bottom while the others would explosive breach the first floor and clear bottom up and we would link up on the middle floor.

I remember getting there and putting my NVGs down to orient what was going on and we get into position over the building and one of the crew drops the rope down on the roof. I was the 3rd or 4th man out and so I grab the rope and drop in which we are pretty high off the building, and as I look down while sliding I can somewhat make out what looks like the guys before me in an uncontrollable slide, like they are sliding off the side of a slanted roof. Of course in my head Im like "Oh shit, they dropped us onto a slanted roof and we are going to fall off a 3 story building!" It's obviously too late to stop what Im doing and I hit the slanted roof and start to slide down it. I slide for about a second before my feet hit gravel and I quickly realize that the roof was slanted but luckily it was inward toward the top of the roof. So nobody fell off the side obviously but they did drop us in about 2ft from the edge of this tall building. Those guys are absolutely incredible pilots though, easily the best at what they do and that whole training op was full of memorable flying experiences. The midair refuel we did over Yakima city was equally as wild and mindblowing.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The OP reminded me of my first time in Singapore. We were tied up at Chenghai (pronounced cheng-hee) pier. The command made sure we knew the difference because there was another pier at the other side of the city with a similar name and if you ended up there the cab ride cost twice as much. Anyway, we had been walking all day and then spent some hours at Hooters drinking beer and eating wings. So we're tired as hell and we tell the cabbie where to take us. He looks at us strangely and asks us to repeat it. So we're trying to tell him that we're on the big gray ship and which pier, etc. This goes on for about 5 minutes then he puts his earbud in for his phone. We're all thinking we're going to end up on the wrong side of the city and missing the cut off time. He talks on the phone for about 30 seconds and hangs up. Then says "ohhhh, you want to go to Chenghai Pier!" We all said yes at the same time. Thankfully we weren't late. Not one of the greatest stories, but still makes me laugh to think about.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm a retired Mineman and spent half my career on Minehunters and Minesweepers. This trip from Ingleside, Texas to Manama, Bahrain was an interesting trip. Took us about a month to get there. Shortly afterwards the USS Cole got hit and 17 sailors lost their lives. The same ship that took us over brought the Cole back. The ship was operated but Russians...we colluded with them at several BBQ's and yes they drink Vodka like water.

Attachments

• 1280px-Cardinal_and_Raven_on_Blue_Marlin.jpg
    1280px-Cardinal_and_Raven_on_Blue_Marlin.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 139
  • blue_marlin04b.jpg
    blue_marlin04b.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 164

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Cool story. Where did you take it?
We took it to the airport in Louisville, set it out on the concrete on 1ton pallets. the ingots were 28 lbs ea. and banded on pallets, after a day or so of setting on them in the wind and snow, C141 Starlifters started landing every few hrs and each one took about 20 tons until it was all gone. Supposedly it went to France to buy back millions of US dollars at $35 an oz. I dont know how many tons there were but the was an ocean of gold setting on that concrete. I was a guard on the first convoy of ten trucks and they kept comming ten at a time for about a week. I stayed there until it was gone, on guard duty, 2 hrs on 4 hrs off around the clock.
If anyone believes there is any siginificant amount of gold left there, in my opinion they are very wrong.
A little searching will let you find and read about it.

VegasMichael

Established Member
When I was stationed in Pensacola, Florida we had the elite flying team Blue Angels there. When I was in a bar trying to scam on girls it was OVER when the Blue Angel team walked in. In case you don't know: to be a Blue Angel you not only had to be a great pilot you had to be handsome as ****. So when these Brad Pitt/George Clooney/Tom Selleck looking mf'ers walked in a bar me and my buddies were at we knew it was ****ing over.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
Their parents prolly spent millions on bribes, cosmetic surgery, and flying lessons.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
We took it to the airport in Louisville, set it out on the concrete on 1ton pallets. the ingots were 28 lbs ea. and banded on pallets, after a day or so of setting on them in the wind and snow, C141 Starlifters started landing every few hrs and each one took about 20 tons until it was all gone. Supposedly it went to France to buy back millions of US dollars at $35 an oz. I dont know how many tons there were but the was an ocean of gold setting on that concrete. I was a guard on the first convoy of ten trucks and they kept comming ten at a time for about a week. I stayed there until it was gone, on guard duty, 2 hrs on 4 hrs off around the clock.
If anyone believes there is any siginificant amount of gold left there, in my opinion they are very wrong.
A little searching will let you find and read about it.

Damn..

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
AIT in Ft Sam it had rained like hell creating a huge puddle near our barracks. We bought fish and brought them back and put them in “Lake Soldier Medic”.

Was pulling security on a council meeting in Iraq when one of the sheiks guards came asking me for medicine for eczema. I didn’t have any but he insisted. I used a terp to tell him to go home and jackoff, catch the semen and rub it on his arms. The next meeting he was so happy his eczema was gone.

We also snuck a homeless guy and hooker on post in the trunk of a taxi at Ft Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Here's a picture of Bob or Big Orange Bitch as we called him. It's a remote controlled sub or a Mine Neutralization Vechicle (MNV). Use them on Minesweepers and on Minehunters before they got decommed. Has the ability to either put a charge on a moored mine or drop off an 80lb bomblet near a mine. Fun Times :)

Attachments

• mnvsmile.jpg
    mnvsmile.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread