Post garage ideas!

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Hey all, Im going to be moving into a 1 car garage town house so I was hoping some of you could post up some of your 1 car garages and help me get some ideas on storage and how you work on your car.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Plain and simple you will need some hanging organization or a shelving system. You can manuever around the car but it will be hard to work from the side of the vehicle.

MG0h3

Established Member
eeesh dang man. The sizes can vary but a lot of times you basically have just enough room for the car. Ive never been in one where there is room to really work on it. You could always push is in and out half way to work on it. Tool and equipment storage may have to be inside though.

Either way, beats leaving it outside.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I lived in an apartment back in college that had a single car garage below our living space. It's wasn't ideal but it was better than where we lived before with no garage, lol.

I don't know what your dimensions are but hopefully you've got a little extra room at the back of the garage... I did. I had my tool chest and some shelves at the back and extra parts along some of the walls. If you have room you can put some stand alone floor shelves in. Or if you don't have room for shelves like that then either buy or build some shelves that you can mount to the wall up higher. Some simple large L-brackets and 2x8, 2x10, or 2x12's cut to whatever length you need/want will get the job done nicely and inexpensively.

Best of luck!

LightningLou

Established Member
I did multiple engine pulls on my Audi S4 while living in an apartment that had a one car garage. Granted I had two one car garages I rented since they were pretty cheap per month, so I could roll the hoist and tools back over after putting the engine on the stand. It was pretty deep though which helped a lot, but narrow as hell! A portable AC unit was my best friend since this was in hot as a mother Florida!

SHOdown220

Established Member
Somehow we got lucky on the new place we are moving to next month, our "1" car garage is deep enough to fit my tool box, my motorcycle, my ST and if we are expecting a big storm, we can squeeze my wife civic in there as well.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
I work for my Dad's company and we have done some cool garage storage stuff.
The first picture is probably the most useful one for your small garage
42295362c8e9.jpg

5038d2247a27.jpg

3f0164824cd.jpg

7cc295c889f0.jpg

20161206_151023.jpg

DarkMach1

Established Member
Man I would really aim for a 2 car garage. 1 car garage will get frustrating. I saw many houses with 1 car garages and you couldnt even swing the garage wide open without hitting a car if it was inside which is difficult when women do laundry and are carrying a huge basket of clothes. I gave up and went 2 car, I love it.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
Man I would really aim for a 2 car garage. 1 car garage will get frustrating. I saw many houses with 1 car garages and you couldnt even swing the garage wide open without hitting a car if it was inside which is difficult when women do laundry and are carrying a huge basket of clothes. I gave up and went 2 car, I love it.

It is a little frustrating but all the two car garage places were either another 30 min further out from work (on top of my 1 hour commute and 2 hour cummute for my fiance) or an extra $30k. Its unfortunate but Ill have to make it work for 5 to 7 years until we can upgrade to something a little bigger.

I love that guys garage, Ive seen it a few times but nothing detailed like that. Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies guys! Im getting some good ideas from this.

Users who are viewing this thread