Possibly buying a 13-14 Shelby in the future...

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats Bdubbs, I’ve never driven one, but rode in my friends 13 who sold it last year and bought a 20. I loved it, the Anti roll control on the hill at a red light was neat too. If I got one gears would definitely be my first mod after riding in his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
^ all good points on prior posts. I'll touch on the driving experience till you find one.

Many HP Terminator owners, I know of 2, scowled and grumbled and talked shit about the 13/14 being slow and laggy. Like me, they were adapt to the low end hit of VMP power and all that that an 04 provides.
I too felt the car was way overpriced for what it was.
I drove 2 base models and a fully loaded PP and TP car.

My point, do not anticipate a monster behind a STOCK 13/14 (3:31 gears) compared to your current setup. The solid axle is also takes some getting use to after having an IRS with FTBR etc.

Pass on the Base Model. Get the Performance Pack optioned car for the electronic suspension. I have roads that are better driven in sport mode vs normal mode and vise versa.

The Track Pack isn't needed. I wouldn't have paid the extra $$

You probably will want to budget for or try and get a car with the following;

3:73 gears
MGW Shifter
No OEM tires (very dangerous)
2.4 Pulley
TB, CAI
Upper and Lower Control Arms, Panhard Bar, Eibach springs
Exhaust....tough with EPA now

Biggest bang for the buck are the gears!
i have all these besides the gears! what an improvement over stock. but wish i had 373s!

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I swear the water based paint on the '13's is brittle, not durable at all. On my Grabber Blue, I get small chips around the door seals/jams about the size of a pin head and it's not from opening/closing the doors, there is no contact. It's strange for sure and never had another car ever do this.
I too agree i have a minor chip in my hood which blows. never knew this about the paint

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats Bdubbs, I’ve never driven one, but rode in my friends 13 who sold it last year and bought a 20. I loved it, the Anti roll control on the hill at a red light was neat too. If I got one gears would definitely be my first mod after riding in his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but I didn't buy one yet!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've only seen 5.... 4 either bent a rod or cracked a ringland... I don't believe any where making anywhere near 800... more like 700 wheel. 1 of those was a pretty famous ford tuners car at a roll race event. 1 bone stock one drives around the neighborhood and to car shows... just putz it around... wouldn't test it against a camry..

His seems to be holding up fine. That's an 80% failure rate in my world. Gt350 is ALMOST as bad... 3 out of 4.
80% failure rate? You live in a very small world. LOL! There are quite a few 2013-2014 GT-500s here on SVTP. I haven't personally heard of any motor failures here, unless I missed them.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
80% failure rate? You live in a very small world. LOL! There are quite a few 2013-2014 GT-500s here on SVTP. I haven't personally heard of any motor failures here, unless I missed them.
Whenever I hear of an engine failure on a 13/14 it's almost always related to who tuned it or the owner over revving the engine

Users who are viewing this thread