Possible move to Charlotte....HELP!!

2004svtcobra

Established Member
I might be moving to the Charlotte, NC area within the next few months. I was curious as to what suburbs or counties sorrounding the Charlotte area are nice places to live. I don't want a multi-million dollar mansion but, I would like a nice rural area about 30-minutes from the city. Thanks.. I cannot wait. I will be able to drive the Cobra more months out of the year!

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra
I might be moving to the Charlotte, NC area within the next few months. I was curious as to what suburbs or counties sorrounding the Charlotte area are nice places to live. I don't want a multi-million dollar mansion but, I would like a nice rural area about 30-minutes from the city. Thanks.. I cannot wait. I will be able to drive the Cobra more months out of the year!

Rock Hill, SC just south of Charlotte. Pineville, NC, Concord, NC, maybe Matthews, NC.

AngrySnake

Established Member
Originally posted by 2004svtcobra

There are lots of great places to live in the greater Charlotte area, you just have to decide what your priorities are (taxes and cost of living, neighborhoods, proximity to downtown, shopping, etc.). I live in Southeast Charlotte near Matthews, and I love the area. But I don't have good interstate access, which would not be ideal if I worked downtown. And I pay Mecklenburg Co. taxes :mj:

Matthews, Mint Hill, and Waxhaw are all great areas on the south side, Harrisburg seems like a great community north of town. You can buy a heck of a lot more house for the money in the areas north of town which might be something to think about as well.

Good luck with your move, post or send me a PM if you have questions about the area.

Brandon

97whitevert

Established Member
i live 30 miles out of charlotte- north- statesville. and i work in charlotte. so i do kknow. rural, low taxes, easy commute down I77. lots of cobras here. if youare looking rural- many of the other places are not so much.(concord, rockhill, etc.) but you do need to check it out for yourself. PM me if you have any questions .:beer:

2004svtcobra

Established Member
Well...I just got word that the move will be more towards the Spatanburg, SC and Greenville, SC area. Those areas are not far from Charotte but I will be doing more of my work in the above mentioned towns. Any areas that you guys and gals may be recommending in those parts instead. I would like a good school district for raising family, a place where I can buy a lot of house for reasonable prices, and a place where I am not too far from the mountains so I can do my hunting thing. I know taxes are going up all over but any counties or towns that are nice and reasonable is what I am looking for.

I cannot wait to bring the Cobra down either!! This move is going to be a big one for me especially for the fact that I have lived in PA for 28 years. I am excited and want to live in the right parts before diving into it . I am talking with some realitors right now but thought I would ask for some input from you trusty people. Thanks for the input so far!!! Later!

Users who are viewing this thread