possible future marauder owner!

KILRSVT

Established Member
hey guys hows it going...I was looking for a cool 4 door cruiser...I was gonna orginaly pick a 95 impala SS but me beign the ford guy that I am decided to look into the maruader deal....How rare is this car??? we are looking to buy one ( me and the old man) I understand there a 4.6 DOHC motor..thats about it! I guess the real question I have for you guys is what is the pros and cons of the vehicle?...thanks in adance...what mileage are you guys seeing these things run to? thanks once again ladies and germs! :rockon: :beer:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
They made 11,052 of them. 980 in Dark toreador red, 328 in dark blue pearl, i forget how many silvers and over 7000 black.

04's are rarer than 03's, and have a 4R75W trans instead of the 4R70W trans.

Personally I'd get an 04 over an 03 but thats just me...

I get about 18mpg mixed, i've gotten 26 highway though.

The paint is the usual bad ford paint, the early black cars have blistering and peeling issues.

its slow

the stock tune is horrible, the trans is always hunting for gears

its not fast

the stock BFG KDWS tires are bad, and they are discontinued for the rear size anyhow.

a speed machine it is not

the good thing (for you) is that the values have dropped like stones... I think a year after i bought my car the value went down 7 grand.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the info.... Not looking for a speed machine.. Lol that's why I have a whippled 04:rockon: but by all means it's a cool car... And I like how it's rare..it looks cool man like darth vader owns it... Lol

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Good luck with your search...

A couple things to add...

The Marauder is a fantastic platform to enjoy as-is or modify from mild to wild (not unlike a Mustang)...

Oh...and...

MARAUDERS are BLACK!

04marauderad1.gif

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
They are! Itsa badass sleepa! One day I can be at the track with her, the next day have the kids and wife in the car comfortably taking a Sunday drive.

KILRSVT

Established Member
Alright guys if all goes well I should be a marauder owner by Monday !!! Can't wait ...kinda excited..... Looks like the cobra gonna get a companion... Lol I'll try to post pics..thanks in advance guys...

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Congrats and good luck! You'll have to come on over to mercurymarauder.net and/or motorcitymarauders.com :beer:

BOSS324

Established Member
Alright guys if all goes well I should be a marauder owner by Monday !!! Can't wait ...kinda excited..... Looks like the cobra gonna get a companion... Lol I'll try to post pics..thanks in advance guys...

Sweet man where in the bay are you located? make sure to join up on mercurymarauder.net a growing list of NorCal members there.

Cheers!

KILRSVT

Established Member
picked up the marauder! guys its an all black 03 with 184K believe it or not....it runs awesome...not a leak of oil anywhere the exterior is clean and free of any damages except for two small dings and some light scratches that can buff out also the headlights are oxizidized a little...it can buff out as well... It is freakin quick for a big ass car!....The interior is immaculate as wel...will wash it and post pics..!..picked it up for 6k

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
been driving the marauder for around a month now..what a cool car its pretty unique to see it on the road..and the motor is pretty stout for all the miles...ill try to post pics...I forget how to though...once the weather clears up and do a good detail ill take some pictures!!

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
host the pics online somewhere like photobucket or imageshack, then copy and paste the URL with
on the other

I want to see how the paint looks with that many miles.... 03 black cars had awful paint lol

Did you do anything to it yet?

Users who are viewing this thread